Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A spinoff on the pillow question...

How often do you wash your bedspread (or whatever is on top of your bed)?

I usually only do them when I am spring cleaning (although I "spring clean" in the fall as well), unless the kids wet the bed, throw up, or have a nosebleed. Although, my youngest gets hers washed a little more often because they are light weight and easier to handle, so I sometimes just toss them in with her sheets.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I wash ours every week even though we use it with a flat sheet. Just feels fresher to me. Although, if my DH got a shower before bed rather then in the morning I'd go to monthly.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Ours are more "coverlets" than comforters to it's easy to pop them in the wash. So probably monthly or as needed in case of spills, etc.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i use pretty, flat sheets for bedspreads in the summer.
i use pretty, heavy german flannel sheets for bedspreads in the winter.

i wash them weekly because three cats sleep with me on the bed.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I wash them about once a month since I have pets that like to snuggle (I should probably be washing them more than that, huh?)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Sheets get washed weekly...Comforters get washed monthly.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
once every four weeks. sheets weekly. we have four beds in the house, so we do comforters from each room once every four weeks...week 1 is youngest boys, week 2 is oldest boy, week 3 is dd, week four is my bedding.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
In the winter I have a comforter over the top of it so not until about March or April.

The comforter gets washed every other month or so........depends on how much I 'lounge' on it..............or let the dogs on it.

As the bedspread is a winter one; it gets changed when I wash it to a lighter weight one.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Maybe 3-4 times a year and then it is usually because of a spill , pet getting something on it etc. We use the sheets, two thin blankets and then the comforter. No way am I beating the pulp out of my comforter washing it constantly. Besides if we are under the sheets and blankets and it is folded down at night how dirty is ir getting?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Sheets get washed weekly...Comforters get washed monthly.
This is what I do as well... Or at least *try* to! All of DD's bedding (sheets, mattress pads & blankets) is washed weekly.

So I made the mistake and used google... I can't believe the suggested time on this one! :yucky:

How to Clean a Comforter | eHow.com

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.