Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honestly...how often do you do this? I don't mean you have to use windex, but I wanted to make the distinction between getting out the hose and blasting them from the outside, and just giving them a wipe down on the inside. How often do you do this? I know I don't do it nearly as often as I should, but to be completely honest, I don't think about it until I'm driving away from the house and the sun is hitting my glass door and I see handprints all over it.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
You mean you are actually suppose to clean them?:laugh: I thought that was the rain's job. No serously, I can say that some of my windows have not been cleaned from the outside since we moved in. I am not one that really cares much about streak free windows. I have 3 boys, a dog, and a cat. When they get bad enough that I can't see out of them right (smudge marks from noses and hands) I clean them. That is one less thing I have to clean.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i can honestly say that aside from my front door, i have not washed the ouside of any of the windows in this house. i would end up covered in flaking paint if i tried to clean them since the landlord can't be bothered to have the trim repainted.
the insides get cleaned when i can't see out them clearly.;)

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
The inside gets done properly about twice per year-spring and fall. The outside gets hosed every other week in the summer and the doors generally get a good cleaning-at least the glass parts twice per month year round.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts