Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a nativity set that my 2nd grade teacher gave to me for Christmas that year. That would make it 47 years old.

I also have a couple from our first Christmas as newlyweds. That would make it 35 years old.

How about you?

·
27,948 Posts
I have an ornament my parents got for my first Christmas. It's glass & i love hanging it on my tree every year. It's the only thing I have from my childhood. I just turned 43.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I have an angel that goes on top of the tree that my grandmother gave to me. It is at least as old as my dad and that would be about 55 years old.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
My oldest is an ornament that my grandmother gave me 31 yrs ago.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
mine aren't all that old. my oldest is 6 years i think

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I have some my Mother gave me that were her Grandmother's.... They are handblown glass, very pretty, they look like pinecones, accorns, and little houses.... some of them are meant to go over a candle and the heat would make things inside spin...... I think they must be 100 years old........

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have no idea! I have bought antique ornaments at auctions and estate sales and even at Goodwill. The sad thing is that now that I don't put up the big tree, they don't come out each year.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I have a set of plastci tear drops that my grandmother gave me so they are at least 39 years old. I don't use them on the tree anymore as the hooks are either missing or rusted too baldly.

Then I have several from DH & my's first christmas so they are 16 years old, and some my MIL gave me that are from her childhood so around 55 years old

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Most of mine are handmade by me and are around 20-25 years old.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Wow, some of you really have some old ornaments from generations past. The oldest I have is only 16 years old.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My oldest (that has only belonged to me) I got when I was in kindergarten (21 years ago). Our kindergarten teacher made them for each student - they're crocheted reindeer. I do also have 2 ornaments, a tree topper, and a tree skirt from my grandmother. I'm not exactly sure how old they are, but I would guess they're 30-40 years old.

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
DH and I found this really funny on our first Christmas after we were married... in the bottom of both of our ornament boxes we both have these little walnut santas that we made in kindergarten. We think it's funny that both of them survived all these years. We hang our walnut "couple" on the tree every year. :)

Actually, my oldest decoration would be the ornament my parents got me for my first Christmas... (that's 30 years, yikes!) ... they got each child an ornament every year, so I have a tree full of memories.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I have some that I picked up over the years at rummage sales and antique stores that I think are probably at least 70+ years old, they are circa 1930s.

·
Registered
8,653 Posts
Mine is one I made and its 26 years old.

I made it in 1979 when I was 3. It's my fingerprint and it's drawn into the shape of a whale.

Mom and I were going thru all of her ornaments one Christmas before Joe and I got married and she let me have a box full so I would have some for our trees.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I have an ornament that my mom made for me when I was 4 or 5. So it's about 25yrs old. I have other's that were made by my late husband when he was 5 or 6 and when that his parents bought when he was born, so that would make them about 30-35yrs old.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Our oldest ornament was made by my FIL in 1922 when he was 6 years old. It is a Santa Claus made out of brown paper bags and has been a very cherished and carefully taken care of ornament!! It is 83 years old:D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I guess my oldest are around 25 yr. old.

I had some from my Mom & Grandma but unfortunately they were distroyed in the house fire we had in 1979.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
my oldest ornament is about 30yrs old...it a ornament that my grandmother gave me when i moved into my own home. ia ctually have a few of them thata re 30+yrs. i treaure them dearly. i always put them close to the top of the tree so the dog or young fingers can't touch them:reindeer:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts