Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Christmas trees. Since we moved into the trailer we have no room for a regular size tree. We used to have a huge one. We left it up usually till first or so of February. Yeah... we did. Decorations would come down slowly mid January.

Now I have a tabletop that I leave on my end table beside where I sit. Yep I'm one of "those" people. No other decorations though. I call it my happy tree. I really wish I had the room to put up a regular tree in December though. I miss it.

When do you put up and take down your decorations? I realize some people with no small kids don't put up period.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We leave our tree up until New Years, then within a few days it's taken down. Always a bittersweet time for me to see it all come to an end for another year.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
We put up Christmas decorations (not many) and tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving and we take it all down on New Years Day. I love having the Christmas tree up and do miss it when it comes down. I like the lights on in the morning and evening. We have a corner tree which is basically 1/3 of a regular small tree. Fast and easy to put up and down.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I used to always decorate the friday after Thanksgiving and take down day after Christmas. In our apartment I have no room for a regular size tree. I tried small trees, fiber optic trees but this year I had no tree. I did put out a few decorations (very few) and did more lights here and there. I found battery powered strings of lights in blue and put them in the hanging plant in living room. I like it so much I think I will leave them.

I realized that I was very happy with what I did this year and it felt festive so I will probably do the same next year.

I love trees that are out all year long.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
In years past, I took it down the day after Christmas but left my nativity up until it was time to get ready to start teaching again.

This year I had no tree but someone gifted me a rosemary bush and I decorated it with bows and bells. It sits on my round kitchen table. I'll leave it up until January and I'll leave my nativity up until January 6.

When I left my other condo I gave all my Christmas decorations to a friend. I only kept the nativity.

49045318_10216576152423628_2146053866272063488_n.jpg 49017679_10216576152183622_1217164775016890368_n.jpg

·
Registered
73 Posts
In years past, I took it down the day after Christmas but left my nativity up until it was time to get ready to start teaching again.

This year I had no tree but someone gifted me a rosemary bush and I decorated it with bows and bells. It sits on my round kitchen table. I'll leave it up until January and I'll leave my nativity up until January 6.

When I left my other condo I gave all my Christmas decorations to a friend. I only kept the nativity.

View attachment 48125 View attachment 48127
Such beautiful pictures, Kim. I don't know which I like more, the tree, or the nativity scene. So lovely.

·
Registered
9,304 Posts
We put ours up early in December and leave it and the lights on until Epiphany. The tree gets put away, but the outdoor lights usually don't come down until late spring. I'd have lights all year long if I could.

I can't stand having Christmas shoved down my throat from August to December and then suddenly on Dec 26 it's like it never existed. I prefer to ease in, and out of the seasons.

Reactions: NikoSan999
1 - 7 of 7 Posts