Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any really great ideas that work? I've caulked and caulked, used wheel barrows full of caulk inside and out on our old aluminum storm windows. I kid you not, when I sit on the toilet in the front bathroom during a windy cold winter's night the breeze from the window by the toilet will actually blow my hair! :yikes: I'm not exaggerating. I don't want to put plastic over them but since it's warming up I'm looking for jobs to do to help with the costs of heating and cooling around this joint. Have you successfully weatherstripped your aluminum storm windows? If so, please share your knowledge. Inquiring minds need to know!

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've caulked and caulked and caulked and caulked. I'd venture to say that there's as much caulk in, on and around my house as there is concrete....(well ok, a slight exaggeration but there is a LOT). And the windows are aluminum....frames too.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I've used a vinyl weather stripping that has adhesive on it, think peel and stick. Sometimes you can buy it by the foot, other times it comes in a roll. Just make sure you remove all the old stuff and clean it really well before you try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts