Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a flooring guy to small claims court for $3,500 which I paid him for flooring - and he never supplied. He never showed up to court and the judge found in my favor. Now how do I go about collecting this? The county website says to file a Citation to Discover Assets, and the clerk will send him a summons to appear in court and under oath give info about his assets. Well, if he didn't appear this time, why will he appear next time?

It also says if I can find out his bank accounts I can file a nonwage garnishment and he has to file a sworn answer. Then I have to go to court and get a turn over order which I can then take to the bank and get my money.

Isn't there a way I can just get a lawyer to do a Lexis-Nexis search on him to discover the assets? I believe this guy is still in business - freelancing without a business name; and has a checking account.

Any tips are appreciated- thanks!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.