Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ladies i need your help
lately i have been feeling lazy at work. today my boss is not coming to work (he's sick) and i found myself browsing travel website.
i need some advice on how to stop being lazy and how to get motivated again.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Oh I dont know,maybe remembering that as crappy as your job may seem,15 others down at the unemployment office would snatch it from you in an instant.
I just picked up DD who works overnight as a baker at Tim Hortons. She just worked at the Seedy store w/ an ex-con alone overnight so..
What job can she take from you??

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
frugalwarrior2
hahaha thanks for the motivational post, actually i managed to be productive today and had some coffee to combat the laziness.
i finished quite a lot of work so i'm glad for the productivity

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Aspire to something higher. Be the very best you can be and you will be noticed. Also, when you look for another job, you'll get great recommendations and have a glowing reputation that will follow you.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Oh I dont know,maybe remembering that as crappy as your job may seem,15 others down at the unemployment office would snatch it from you in an instant.
I just picked up DD who works overnight as a baker at Tim Hortons. She just worked at the Seedy store w/ an ex-con alone overnight so..
What job can she take from you??
Ok I have to say this fw Why would you allow your daughter to work at a seedy location with an ex con ?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Weren't you unemployed for a long time prior to this job? I would never risk losing it because you aren't doing the required work. Not wanting to go back to being broke= motivation. Most adults are working, cleaning their home, getting to work on time, setting priorities and preparing for the next days events EVERYDAY of their lives...some with multiple other people to care for as well. As adults, sometimes we just have to stop talking about it & do it. Time to pull yourself up by the boot straps.

·
Registered
9,527 Posts
5 cup a day coffee habit?

Think of this job as a stepping stone to a better job. What kind of skills do you need to learn, or improve on? Which tasks on your list are skills you need to improve?

Reactions: CPA-Kim

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Oh no. I didnt know until this morning there was an ex-con. DD usually works at location A which is very close. Owner wanted her to train on the new oven at this other location B which is not somewhere we are familiar w/ but it is too close to Pontiac (little Detroit). So DD said NO thanks. and owner pushed her and she was scared to lose the job she looked for forever. (jobs are still hard here). I wanted to sleep in the parking lot all night truth be known.
Secondly,DD is 23 and allow and not allow is much harder these days. She's an adult. Albeit inexperienced but an adult.

Sorry to jack the thread. Glad the coffee helped.hahaha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cpa kim
thanks for the tips & advice , they're much needed
lynn lc,
yes indeed i was unemployed for a long time & i'm lucky to get a job at this reputable company. that is some good motivation & food of thought as well.
contrary housewife,
thank you for the encouragement and support, i'm glad i found this forum.

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Lyra-do you drift? DD wears a watch w/ an alarm which redirects her. Helps at night because shes alone!
When I worked a mind numbing job I always equated in back to cash hour by hour. Ooh 2 hrs. worked I can cover the electric bills,4 hours-we can eat this week... I helped me not wander off to the bookstore during a difficult shift of customers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
frugalwarrior2
thanks for the great advice. i'm going to make the most of my phone alarm to keep me from drifting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts