Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else use an indoor clothesline?

I was just wondering how many of you do........:) I feel funny having my clothes hanging to dry in my living room, but I have no where else to put it! No one ever comes over to our house, so it's not like anyone can see it, but it drives me crazy.......;) I use a 20 ft indoor/outdoor retractable clothes line, what do ya'll use to hang dry your clothes in the house?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I strung some line in my laundry room, two lines. I have doorways that are across from each othere in my laundry room...one goes from laundry to kitchen, second goes from laundry to master bath. They are directly across from each other and are at least fifteen feet apart, so i strung two lines, one from each top corner across to the other. and in the top of the door ways, I installed metal rods for hanging clothes on hangers. It's only an inch down into the doorway so we didn't loose all that much headroom when walking through.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I had 3 lines, but 2 snapped so I'm down to one now in the laundry room until we rehang the other two. I don't use it as often as I should. Gabe's father hung a rod for me too, so I hang clothes from that too.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I have 2 retractable ones in the basement :) I use them far more than dh does....

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
I have a garment rack in the bedroom that I use plus I hang things in the showers using a shower curtain rod down the middle of the shower and open the shower doors and use that space as well.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I have a folding dryer which hangs about a load and a half of clothes. I also have a railing on my stairs on the second floor which is great for drying jeans. Hangers with clothes on door frames also works.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have an accordian style drying rack, as well as a garment hanging rack. I have them in the living room around the woodstove, as they help with humidifying the house and dry so much faster that way. I also have 6 lines outside, but don't use those much in the wintertime.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
I have a folding clothes rack in my laundry room but I very often put shirts and pants on hangers and use the tops of my cabinets to hang the hangers from. I also have a garment rack in dd's bedroom but I'm about to move that out of there to the storage shed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I do! I have a 4 line retractable one in the pantry. And 6 lines the length of the basement. I have a couple of the hangers type clothes dryers. I only dry jeans or blankets in the dryer.The rest is hung up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I do too! I have a folding garment rack that I can hang a whole load of darks on.
I have a folding drying rack for the whites
and I also use the shower curtain rod if I run out of room.;)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I used to have a line in the attic but last year we built a sewing/computer room in half the attic so I need to re-adjust it up there and hang clothes. I used to hang clothes up there all the time. When we built this house we built it so we could build a room in the future. It's big enough to stand up in. In the summer it would dry in a matter of minutes. Takes longer in winter when it's cold.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
I use a folding clothes rack indoors....no lines strung across.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have mine in the attic, but it takes a few days in winter to dry. I use clothes hangers to hang on the clothes line...get more hung that way.

I still use the dryer if I get backed up, but now that work is slowing down, I should be able to keep up.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I have one, but since we moved, haven't hung it up again. I think since dh is home this week, I'm going to get him working on that!

·
Registered
162 Posts
:) What if you live in a two room trailer and very little space? Would putting a clothes rack in the showers at night work also? I need some input. Thank you to everyone. I am a newbie

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome sarahlyons8.......:smball: :smball: :smball: :smball:

I also live in a two bedroom trailer, very small. I have my retractable clothesline in my living room, but I don't see why putting them in the shower at night wouldn't work......Also, maybe in your bedroom, where others won't see it, or if you don't have many visitors, like me, the living room.........;)

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
sarahlyons8 said:
:) What if you live in a two room trailer and very little space? Would putting a clothes rack in the showers at night work also? I need some input. Thank you to everyone. I am a newbie
Yes, it should work. You could actually hang it anywhere....over the washer.

Welcome to the Village.:D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts