Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having trouble this year? Normally I already have a stash of gifts tucked away in my closet but this year I can't seem to get into it or start buying things. I need a kick in the butt!

·
Registered
329 Posts
:( ME, and with just what is it like 85 days, I am sooo in trouble

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Haven't gotten much going here. I have a couple things for the kids... I am also stashing away some of the samples I get for stockings :) (DD will love all the little lotions, etc...)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I am not ready for Christmas either. My house will be on a Christmas Tour of Homes and decorating it is my main concern right now.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I had such high hopes of getting a bunch of stuff sewn this summer and I did not get hardly anything done. I am going to have to not be so lazy at night during the week and on the weekends really focus on getting some stuff made...

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I'm in trouble too, I am usually done by this time, I have nothing.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
i am almost done - except pollyanna exchange with family which we draw names in november at thanksgiving . earliest i have ever almost been done even though some were kind of big ticket items for the older kids.

i tend to do best focusing on one thing at a time and my 17 yo will be getting a license and need a vehicle next summer for college -now i can divide extra $$ between debt and that -

plus sometimes i cant work as much in the winter de to my fibro so i was worried about that - i use to do an extra weekend at my old job which covered christmas but i dont work that job anymore .

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I can't get into it either...usually I have a lot more done by now or at least have some ideas. I'm just not feeling it this year!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm already sooo excited! Try reading through the Christmas threads Valerian. Maybe they can help you catch the holiday spirit! *hugs*

Reactions: valerian

·
Registered
590 Posts
I'm not a huge Christmas fan but this year it is really worse. Not only am I just not feeling it, I just also don't really see where the money is going to come from. We already bare bones Christmas as it is, this year is just going to be depressing.

·
19,119 Posts
Don't mean to be trite - but it is truly the spirit that counts and that alone carries me through the year!!

Agree with reading other threads here - there are quite a few who do Christmas year round. Come join us and get inspired.

If funds are just not there, my suggestion is to think about those you want to share some holiday wishes with and write them a note or a letter sharing what you admire in them. That just might possible be the best gift they receive and one that will be kept close to their hearts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm hoping to make half my presents(scarves, mittens etc) except for the men and I guess I'll (shudder) have to buy them something !!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am slowly starting to get into it. I have been making gifts all year so in that sense I am ahead of the game....but still need to pick up quite a few things yet as well as the stocking stuffers. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Stocking stuffers? My favorite!! I just learned how to make packaging for those mini hand sanitizers!! I am so into packaging this year!!

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I haven't done a darn thing yet. :)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't mean to be trite - but it is truly the spirit that counts and that alone carries me through the year!!

Agree with reading other threads here - there are quite a few who do Christmas year round. Come join us and get inspired.

If funds are just not there, my suggestion is to think about those you want to share some holiday wishes with and write them a note or a letter sharing what you admire in them. That just might possible be the best gift they receive and one that will be kept close to their hearts.
:) Actually I like this idea. It would work for my daughter. Other's not so sure. I'm sure I'll get into it at some point in the next couple of months......just feeling sorry for myself right at this moment. There are things that I used to do that meant more than the actual gifty part that just hasn't come together in recent years i.e baking cookies with my now grown daughter on Christmas eve and such. It is harder now that she has her own life and is busy. So, I'll stop being a bummer on the christmas spirit.

·
Registered
53 Posts
for those that don't have money, is there some thing that you could give a gift certificate for? For example, babysitting, dog walking, shoveling snow, etc. Or maybe a home made meal once a month or something similar. One year we were broke and had no extra money at all and I did up certificates on the computer and sent them out along with our Christmas cards. Everyone loved the idea and we've been asked if we will do it again. We still do something similar for our parents, but that's because they are so hard to buy for lol

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Only have three people to shop for. Will need to figure out what to get two of them that is inexpensive. Although I do have a scarf and glove set that I could use for one.

Summer seems to have gone by really quickly. Hope I can get into the holiday spirit before I feel like it is being crammed down my throat by all the advertising in the stores. The craftstore already has stuff set up.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well I purchased my first gifts! Placed an order online early, I think most of my shopping will be done online this year hopefully this gives me the push I need to get started!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts