Frugal Village Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
We just used Borax, no sugar. It worked. Dust it all around the outside of the house edges or entry points.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I just attended a seminar last week & was told to use Comet (sink cleanser). I have read to use baking soda. I haven't tried either.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had this problem very badly with my home that sits on a cement slab. The first change I made was to put all food in plastic containers...no more bag clips and folded over packages. You can get these cheap at Goodwill or garage sales.

Second, I took some recycled yogurt and sour cream containers and punched holes on the sides about 1/2 in from the bottom. I mixed up 1 T. water, 1 T. borax and 1 t. sugar. Mix this well and put the cap back on the container. Place these near kitchen trash and all water faucets. You won't have any more ants after they eat this and take it back to the queen. (You need to add water ever 2-3 weeks to keep these traps moist.)

I also use a sprinkle bug killer around the outside of my home's foundation every 3 months during warm weather.

If this doesn't do it, put your kitchen trash in a walmart sack and remove it daily.

·
4,028 Posts
I have ant traps, a spray bottle with bleach, and will be purchasing Terra in the near future. We've had such a problem with little black ants this past week and I'm tired of it. :(

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
For what it's worth: I tried putting bay leaves on the cabinet and in the cabinets to deter the ants..... and it seemed to work. Looked weird to have those leaves setting around, tho....

21 - 25 of 25 Posts