Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few scratches on my coffee table from moving and from Sir Zachary. :D I was looking for ways to minimize the scratches or cover them fairly well. These are not deep scratches. Think matchbox cars. UGH. :toothy:

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Sara, They make wood pencils that you can use to fill in the scratches, although I've heard that if you can actually find a crayon that matches your wood, color in the scratch with that, then immediately polish with a wood polish (Pledge, Old English, etc.) It sets the color into the wood. However, I'd be interested to hear any other remedies people might have because coloring on my furniture does not sound like something I'd be interested in!

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
We have soaked the wood with water right on the scratch and it causes it to expand...we fixed a small chunk that got taken out of ayla's crib that way..it didn't make it perfect but you couldn't tell there was a gash there anymore.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
yes i have used the crayons before and they do work really nice. my EX FIL swears by it, he is an auctioneer and has to deal with scratches all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts