Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
This is great and so timely, I am just about to finish up my body wash supplies - I was using up all the litttle hotel body washes and what not. i have some nice soaps that I bought cheap at Christmas and planned to use them as gifts but I had put aside and promptly forgot about them. And as an extra bonus there is a good family movie on the TV tonight! Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
274 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great job shekat! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Awesome!!!

Hubby and I went to Target last night... I bought the 8 pack of Up & Up bar soap- the generic version of Dove Sensitive Skin. I just made my FIRST batch of body wash..! I grated two bars of soap, used 20 oz. water, AND added 4 oz. HEMPZ pomegranate lotion to the mix... It came out PERFECT!!! I made this for my little girls (5 & 2), because I am so sick of the expensive kids' body stuff, and my girls have sensitive skin. Seems to do the trick! Really well! I am overly excited about this stuff! THANK YOU! I can't wait to make hubby his own, and my oldest girl (11), her own, and MY own! LOL...

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is a great project. I used to make bar soap for my old employer, but I find that liquid soap is sometimes easier to use. I will definitely try it out with some of the leftover bars and this is a great way to use up those extra soap slivers that are wasting away in the shower. Thanks for sharing.

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
~Wow, tiachandler, I'm totally trying adding lotion to my next batch. Great to know that that works!!~

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made some recently using Dial soap bars...has anyone else used Dial. I had to add a lot of water and now I still have a thick slimey batch of soap. Is it the Dial soap or do I just need to keep adding water to try to thin it out more? Doesn't suds up very good either...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow! Thx tiachandler! Been lookn for a less expensive version of Dove Sensitive Skin....basically the only one I can use. The lotion is a great idea as well. Can it be found at Target,too?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I spent a little bit of time looking for this today! I am going to try this with some bath bars for me next week but today I bought ivory and will be doing this project tomorrow for this week. Great tip!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Awesome Thank You for sharing this. I also use OLAY but I will be using OLAY bar soap for sensitive skin instead for my daughter.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts