·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: mamamia

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
very nice. I enjoy watercolors. I might try to do something like hers.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
My painting is also not so good!

Paintings of koi were very popular when I lived in Japan and in Hawaii, but I don't see them often now that I've moved to Oregon.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thanks Polly! Even though I wish I could, I know I could never achieve what the artist did. But still, I really enjoyed the video and musical background. It was very calming, and my day is in need of some calming! :box:

Theresa :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Your first aim is to apply Koi fish painting into a tray. You will therefore need a galvanized steel tray, some tempered glass that has been cut so it will fit in the insides of the tray, gel crystal paints of clear blue, green, sevres blue, and sapphire blue; glass paints of pepper
red, sun yellow, Indian red, paprika, cloud white, amber, and saffron yellow; a permanent marker, plastic palette knife, numbers 10 and 7 round paintbrushes, four pieces of flat blue glass marbles
, a glass cleaner, paper towel, and a pattern for a Koi fish design.

thanks!!

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo Polly - you always share the most interesting ideas with us!! Love watching koi - whether in art or in the water.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wanna to have a look at the post after three years, but an error appeared all the way, it might be a little pity to have no chance to learn it, hope it would be fixed someday. :music:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool thanks for sharing that cool tutorial. I usually like to do the wet-on-wet technique to give it more of the water flow-y feel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts