Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I wish to ask for advice and suggestions. How can I raise extra money to pay for a class that starts in september. The total cost is around 950, and I need at least 325 up front. Please help.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Sell things that you have around the house and don't need or want. You could also sell blood, plasma, or other bodily fluids. You can pick up odd jobs through the "gigs" section of your local craigslist as well.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Get a job delivering pizzas for awhile. Have a garage sale. Sell stuff on Ebay. Good luck!

--Michelle

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
I agree with selling things on craigslist. But also think to sell your "services" on craigslist too. Whatever talents you have (make sure they're legal :) ) put up a post on craigslist that you'll do them for others to help pay for school!

I tend to use craigslist more than ebay because it is free to post.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Let's see:
start with ebay and Craigslist and sell anything you have that you don't need or no longer want
consider having a garage sale
look at part time work- can you work on weekends, evenings? Anything helps, especially if the job has a perk in it that will help you save money in another budget area. For example: Maybe you deliver Pizzas on Fri/Sat nights and a free meal is included in your shifts. That is two meals you now don't have to pay for.
start saving your change and count what is in your change jar
use coupons only for things you really will need and use
look at every area of your budget and see what you can cut

·
Registered
630 Posts
Ebay

Garage Sale

Consignment shop

SellPlasma (it most places you could make near that amount in a month)

Craigslist

Also you could babysit, pet sit/walk, clean houses.

These wouldn't be as restrictive as if you were to work for someone else.

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is the class in?

·
Registered
559 Posts
I tried growing money once. I buried it, and the only thing that grew well were the weeds!

:p

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Tis a phlebotomy class.
Save the money drop by my house and I will show you how to do it. I will even teach you all of the tricks of the trade as I have been doing it for the past 27 years and taught it for a couple years. If you can bring someone with you then we can use them as a guinea pig. Make sure the person has great veins. I would volunteer my dog but his veins are to small.

OK seriously I agree with everyone related to listing your services on craig list. How about offering services such as tree/shrub trimming, typing/editing college students papers, tutoring highschool students in math/english etc, do play a musical instrument..if so offer lessons.

·
Registered
10,871 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.