Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you have a good day? Do anything special?

Did anything touch your heart in a special way?

Share your mother's day stories.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We normally don't do cards or presents for mother's day.

This year seemed to be the exception.

Hubby took the children out to the store to get cards. They spent a "small fortune" . Which I normally don't like but these cards touched my heart.

Buddy picked a hopps and yoyo card. The pink and green characters that are always saying funny things. This card they Changed up the words to Amazing grace. So sweet because Amazing Grace was the lullaby I sang them when they were babies\ small children and because we are always making up new words to tunes.

My mom also gave me a very touching card and she put some cash in it. Maybe she is listening to me after all.

I gave her some books.

Hubby cooked hot dogs on the grill Little Miss made pasta salad.

It was a very nice day.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Talked to son #1 on the phone he's in OK. Talked to daughter #1 on the phone, she's in IL. Went out to lunch with son #3 and his wife. Meet son#2 at walmart where I brought baby stuff for a surprise grandson(whole new story) His and his sons brought me books. It was a very nice day.
Fern

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Oops. I called home today because it's my dad's birthday. Didn't even say Happy Mother's Day to my mom. But I talked to her for a few minutes.

I'm not a mother so I celebrate Mothers Day by calling my mom or sending her a card, when I'm not a loser and forget about it like this time. :(

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Had a good day went to a cook out at one of my sons 5 of my 6 children was there.There was 31 people there not all family some was friends of some of grand kids some was neighbors of my kids.We very seldome get to geather where it just the family.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had a wonderful mother's day. Breakfast delivered to me in bed with a card and gift. After breakfast, we packed a picnic lunch and took off for a beautiful day of bike trail riding by the lake.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I had a great day. My kids all did something in there own way for me. The best was the oldest and getting his phone call from Afghanastan.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had a nice day.

Our camping trip got cancelled because of son's allergies.

my ex cooked me dinner Saturday night. The three of us played wiffel ball in the back yard. Can't remember the last time I had time to play while dinner was cooking so that was very nice.

Sunday my son, who is 6, started cleaning. He cleand his closet, picked up the side porch, and the living room, cleaned the windows and even dusted! he said that it was mothers day and he didn't want me to do any work. Well this made me cry like a baby!

My Ex came over for breakfast and then took my son to go visit with his grandmother. I spent the day cutting the grass and catching up on chores. Had an early dinner with the family and neighbors. Was home by 6:30pm and in bed by 9pm!

over all a relaxing day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had a lovely day. The sun was shining - real treat in NW PA. Rec'd present from #1 son in LA and phone call. Phone call from #3 son - he'll be home for a visit next weekend, he's in Philly. Visit from #2 son and Beautiful flowers and some gourmet blueberry coffee, can't wait to try. My daughter and hubby made dinner and did the dishes which I loved, loved, loved and then we went to DQ for dessert.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Mother's Day was a bust for me as usual. Nobody cares-----

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I had a really nice day. Sunday morning, I spent doing just what I wanted to do..I did some bird watching and cleaned the kitchen. Sunday afternoon, DH, DS, DD and I went to Mom's and spent several hours cleaning for her for Mother's Day. She is legally blind although can see some. I had a fabulous day!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a really nice day. Got some nice bath and body works stuff and my family cook supper, cleaned the kitchen and did laundry for me!! I keep telling them not to spend any money on me! If they want to do something nice for me......clean the house! lol

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I took my mother to lunch, then I death-marched her all around the mall, trying to find a blouse that she liked (with success!!). Afterward, I drove her back hom and let her complain (her favourite pasttime!!) for about an hour before telling her I had to get going.

I left my house at 9:30 am and got back home at 7:00 pm, and I was so tired, I was asleep by 9:00 pm. But she liked her present, and she liked having company all day, so I am chalking this one up as a "win." :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mine was great except for the hubs. He was suffering from welders flash ( because he didn't follow his own #1 rule of always using the welding cap!) He is making a metal tripod for our fire pit. The poor man, his eyes watered and were puffy all day. Well anyway he and his brothers went to see their mom. The wives stayed home.

My day started with the girls making breakfast. That was delish. My son had to work, so didn't see him until 4:00.

Pretty much my daughter and I spent the day in the yard planting flowers and spiffing up the yard. We then all got together and cooked dinner on the campfire.

I did just what I wanted and had a great day.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
I had a really nice day! Out shopping with all the family, planted our garden, went out to eat, and did some work around the house together.

My DD bought me 2 Yankee candles, Yankee tarts, and 2 bottles of perfume!!! Very sweet. I talked to my mom for a few on the phone.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I had a great weekend! We went out to eat, I was given plants, candles, jewelry and a gift card. I worked in the yard, and the only downside is I failed to observe the poison ivy in between my flowers. I have hands covered in it now. It's rather itchy.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
It was lovely didnt have to cook or clean got some beautiful gifts the weather was awesome and my Kids were great who could ask for more

1 - 20 of 20 Posts