Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're interested in painting some plastic parts on a boat and are looking at Fusion paint, the spray paint that's supposed to bond with plastics. Has anyone used it? Does it work well? Is it durable? Anything in particular we should know about it?

TIA.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
I used it to color some large faded plastic flower pots. It held for a year or so before it started flaking. I wonder if it would have held up better if I didn't have squirrels clawing the rims digging in my pots all the time.

Be careful what you use it on, DH put it on something, I forget what, it wasn't plastic and it didn't dry right.

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, a year isn't very long.

I shot off an e mail to the company, so I'm curious what they'll say. Maybe we'll end up just leaving well enough alone. The second bike is a dark green and we're hoping we can brighten it up for safety, so it's more visible. That color really blends in and that's not good, especially since we will be out with both boats quite often and the second one is blue and yellow, very eye-catching. We don't want someone looking at the bright colored one and then running into the dark one with their boat. Maybe we'll just fly a bright windsock off the back or something if the paint won't work.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
As I said, squirrels were involved.

Duct Tape comes in all colors, including reflective. There must be a marine equivalent.

Reactions: Spirit Deer

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I used it on a trashcan in our breakfast room. It looked great for a while but it has flaked somewhat so now it's patchy and needs to be redone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts