Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I made bread and used dehydrated pineapples.

I don't have many foods dehydrated - yet!

What will you do this week to use the food you've dehydrated?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I made waffles yesterday and added a lot of powdered orange peel. They were so good! This week I want to use some of my dehydrated tomato sauce and mushrooms to make home made pizza. (maybe add some dehydrated green peppers, too... yummy!) I love my dehydrator!

·
4,028 Posts
I just made some soup with my dehydrated corn, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, and cabbage. I just need to remember to get the corn in early so it can hydrate longer.

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I just made some soup with my dehydrated corn, carrot, zucchini, yellow squash, and cabbage. I just need to remember to get the corn in early so it can hydrate longer.
Ceashels, i usually put my corn with a little bit of water in my microwave to help them get started.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
I am still using dehydrated strawberries EVERYDAY in my cornflakes. omg I love them.

I also gave a qt jar of dehydrated away to my new son in law...he loves it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I don't have much dehydrated yet either, but I think I'll make some stew using dehydrated onions and celery.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Tonight I'm baking chicken breasts with dehydrated mushrooms, some dehydrated celery powder... maybe more of the orange peel powder since I love orange flavor...

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hubby and I have dehydrated bananas and strawberries in our cereal every morning.

I am baking chicken tonight and will use my own dehydrated/ground celery in it.

I made squash casserole today and used dehydrated onions in it.

We have been eating GOOD at my house - lots of fresh fruits and veggies from the local fruit and veggie farm, meat from the freezer, fresh baked bread, etc. I only go to the store once a week after I go through the sale sheets and pick out the loss leaders that I can stockpile.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Just made a roast and used dehydrated potatoes, celery, asparagus spears. I used fresh onions only because I needed to use them up.

I have used dehydrated milk and potatoe flakes in a loaf of bread this week and also I made wheat thins yesterday and used dehydrated buttermilk.

I like learning how to used these new (to me) ingredients. Everything has turned out good this week. Wheat thins were great! Oh, I almost forgot I used more powdered milk in a chocolate pudding this week also. Yummy!!

This week-end we are going on a road trip and will be bringing dehydrated fruit and jerky for snacks.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I ordered a jerky gun and it arrived this evening. I am hoping to make hamburger jerky Thursday or Friday. I have a frozen dessert to make tomorrow so it can freeze well for Friday night. I also need to bake Apricot Oat Bread (using my own dehydrated apricots) as a gift for Friday night.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts