Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He spent all his birthday money and gift cards on a video camera for the family. It was generous of him to use his money and gift cards he could have spent on himself on us but it was also so very thoughtful.

This is why it is so thoughtful.

1)Little Miss (4th grade) is taking an after school class in filming and editing. You had to apply for the class and be accepted They make a inner school tv show. She came home with a camera for us borrow to record a segment at home. So we got to see her in action. She was one of two that was asked to come back to the next session and help the next set of children.
2) Buddy was becoming more persistent that he wanted to make stop motion films
3) I was very excited that a professional company was making a film of a musical performance of Buddy's. It would be the fist time we had a recording of him playing and he is on his 5th year of playing.
4) We pulled out old video tape recordings made my other people but of us. ( a performance of Hubby's in college, our Wedding video, and Little Miss's sonogram) The children found these truly amazing.

With all that in mind, Hubby pulled out a my father's digital camera that had been given to us after he died. He already knew that our digital camera wouldn't work for what Buddy wanted to do. My father's wouldn't work for it either. When he was investigating if it would work he found a film that Little Miss had made a few years ago. She had figured out how to use the 1 min short record that digital camera did to make a longer video.

He decided we really wanted maybe even needed one. After much thought on the idea, he went out and spent his own money/gift cards to buy it.

The children were excited when he returned home. Not Christmas present new toy scream excited but like they had just been given a tool they needed excited. There minds were spinning in full motion with ideas and plans. It was a site to behold.

They put it to good use. They are learning so much already it is amazing.

Buddy has made his first short stop action set to music with a tile and credit screen. Little Miss has made several commentary videos including one on the Packards winning the super bowl.

The children has also for the first time seen themselves on our tv. That was interesting to see

It was so thoughtful of him because it means he was listening really listening to us and our secrets dreams and wishes. It means he is letting the children explore something of interest to them.

This really toughed my heart. I love his man so much!

·
19,119 Posts
Imagine - mahalo for sharing this wonderful man and the beauties of your family. It is heartwarming to see this whole interaction and all the thoughtfulness that went into it!!

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Imagine-

Thanks for sharing, what a heartwarming story. You have a kind thoughtful husband , and your children will be able to do so much with their new video camera. May you all enjoy.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Imagine-

Thanks for sharing, what a heartwarming story. You have a kind thoughtful husband , and your children will be able to do so much with their new camera. May you all enjoy.
It is our first video camera.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
It is our first video camera.

Yes, sorry we just refer to ours as camera...lol Very nice for your all to have and enjoy. Being able to preserve memories is wonderful. We bought one for our son this yr. as well.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Thanks for sharing. He sounds very thoughtful. :)

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
What a great thoughtful man to do that.

It could develop a real interest with the kids for the future......directors? photography? a great creative outlet! Sounds great!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a great thoughtful man to do that.

It could develop a real interest with the kids for the future......directors? photography? a great creative outlet! Sounds great!
Video broadcasting too.

Little Miss's class not only worked on production (they even used a green screen) but editing with a computer. The might even get to go tour the big cities actual tv studio.The high school has a audio visual production "pathway" (set of electives) When Litte Miss found this out she was very excited. hope they still have it when she is in high school.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Your husband sounds like a very kind, considerate, and thoughtful man. Your whole family sounds wonderful!

Thanks for sharing, this has already made me feel better today.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No disrespect intended, but I kinda have a crush on him now :)

Yeah, most people do. ;) But I'm the only one who got a second date.
Honestly, I am the only girl that did get a second date.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
double post sorry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts