Frugal Village Forums banner

Hubby got me

Tags
hubby
2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  Mommyof2lildivas 
#1 ·
an old and tattered Chaise lounge, he picked it up for $8 bucks!! He said since I've been wanting one for so long and I'd change the fabric anyway he thought he'd go ahead and grab it. It's FILTHY!! But I love it Yipeeeeeee, I'm sure I'll have to change/replace all of the foam that's inside. Now to find a fabric that'll match or at least go with my room. Any Ideas?? My room is done in Victorian era , rosey mauves, oystershell whites, pale blues, etc...

#2 ·
Ellise, go to http://www.waverly.com and I'm sure you'll find SOMETHING! :D It is pricey fabric, but maybe you can find a pattern/colors you like and look for something similar.

#3 ·
Thanks, I thought about going to a place here in town(well Next town over) they have a HUGE fabric store, I've seen them everywhere, now I have a reason to go. But I have no idea how to recover it, should I use staples or fancy tacks?

#5 ·
Ellise, depending on where they are going! LOL

If they are going to show, I would use upolstry (sp) tacks, if not staples! HTH

#6 ·
Yes Hancocks, (couldn't remember the name LOL) . And it'll be going in my Bedroom, but I want it to look FABAULOS!!!Going to take it apart today when dh gets home from work. He thinks it may need some minor wood repair, so we'll see whats lurking under there.hahaha

#7 ·
How exciting!! I can't wait to hear how it turns out and maybe you could post some pictures. :D Good luck on the project!!

#10 ·
What a wonderful hubby! Have fun creating your new chaise lounge. I would plan on replacing the foam too. But I'm weird about stuff like that. I'd strip it down to the frame and totally clean it up then reupholster. I hope you'll be able to share some pictures with us when your done. Don't forget to snap a before piture too. ;)

#13 ·
Cover material

I had a friend who had basically the same color scheme..she used faded denim material for strength, accented it with pale pink and mauve eyelet lace and did whilte cording on all the seams for extra strengh. Made two extra throw pillows out of the same material, trimmed it with mauve ruffles, so that it fit in with everything. Said it cost her a total of $57.00 plus her time...

I couldn't have done it with $300.00....unless I spray painted it..no decorating sense at all...unless dog and cat hair is considered accessorizing!

Just a Grannie in Michigan

#16 ·
What a great find and a great hubby, I can't wait to hear or see how it turns out.... My dh brings me things like that and I am always very flattered that he has faith that I can do something with it......

#17 ·
That was so sweet of him! I'd love to see before and after pics of the chair if you are able to do that easily :D

I wish I had idea's for the chair, but since I can't see exactly what the room looks like, i'm picturing a thin striped pale blue/oyster shell material (not sure if that's victorial though)
or a beige chenille material that has those pretty swirls throughout. (or a color in that material that would match)

#18 ·
I too was thinking Chenille in a creamy color. My room is in soft colors with what I call Hard accents. It has mauves, Blues, Pinks, and dh says Purple but it's NOT purple, it's more of a violet. Working on the Cherry wood but that all costs so much!! Maybe I can just stain everything in a Cherry finish it'd be much cheaper. We took it apart yesterday and boy does it need some fixing almost all of the rails are cracked. It has a date on it from 1892 in chalk on the inside right (under the cushion could I have a "real" antique?) Gee I hope so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.