Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just a question, what is everyone paying for deer processing??

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PROCESSING

wow, are you in the midwest?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
haven't got one yet so can't help you

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Don't know since we are new in the area here. But if you are up to it everyone here does their own. Kyafield (Kentucky Afield -a TV hunting program) has a great do it yourself video for $13 and $3 shipping that I purchased for myself, if that interests you at all. You can see a 10 min. or so clip of it on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DEER

Don't know since we are new in the area here. But if you are up to it everyone here does their own. Kyafield (Kentucky Afield -a TV hunting program) has a great do it yourself video for $13 and $3 shipping that I purchased for myself, if that interests you at all. You can see a 10 min. or so clip of it on YouTube.
hubbie can do it and has in the past, I know it is cheaper, but I prefer it done in a facility.....I am a fruit loop and worry about contamination.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I'd rather do mine myself in my own kitchen than some facility I don't know.
If your table andf knifes are sterile and you wear plastic gloves you don't have to worry about contamination.
We will probably do our own on the
kitchen table if anyone ever gets one.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deer

Maybe if I was there and could monitor them I would be ok with it, but the guys hunt about 2 hrs from home and a family farm and I am not there (nor would I want to be)---it might just be my control issues speaking, but I feel safer with the processor, who is an old amish guy who I trust completely.....:sly:

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I'm in WI. Dh has done it himself. I just can't eat it after I met it. It's better to spend the $75 and eat it than have him cut it and it get wasted. Besides cwd is a worry and our butcher has been in business forever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts