Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Linen junkie, that is!

I scored 3 pairs of pillowcases at $1.99 cents/pr and a queen-sized brandnamed top sheet with eyelet trim for $0.99. I can't figure out the sheet being so cheap.

Anyhow...pillowcases are the old-timey cotton percale that is soft and crisp when you put them on a freshly made bed. The sheet is 100% 200+ count cotton. Also, soft and crisp on a freshly made bed.

MMMMMMmmmmm...thrift store shopping is great! Goodwill is tomorrow.

Anyone else out there with me?

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Good deals! WTG

I am I'm out there with you with the thrift shopping I'm not much of a linen junkie but I do love a good blanket or quilt though. ;)
I just posted my Goodwill finds for today under the second hand shopping section.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I too am a junkie for bed sheets but also for kitchen things. I LOVE LOVE LOVE things (not appliances but dishes, serving dishes, glasses) for in the kitchen. Also things to decorate the kitchen.

Yesterday I was in a store that sells these kinds of things and I saw white wooden chickens (about as high as your hand - they are quite flat) with gingham combs and I fell in love with them.
Of course 4 of them are now in my kitchen window and I am just SO PLEASED with them.

Reactions: ladykemma2

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
i love my linen closet filled with beautiful linens. i am into linens.

Reactions: CrazyHomemaker

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Ohhh.. great deals.

Hate to admit it but I love good old linens. I happened to find Irish and French linens at an estate sale once and scooped those little lovelies up right away. I had to go bid crazy at an antique auction once for a couple rooms of impeccable shape bark cloth beautiful cream flowered full length curtains. They cost a pretty penny, but were worth so much more and would have cost me a fortune ( that I wouldn't have pd...lol) from one of the antique dealers bidding against me. Love those type of deals.

My linen closet is filled to the brim with beautiful linens, hotel style towels, and fresh soap I made myself. I can feel like I am at the spa everyday.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Good deals on the bed linens!

I love kitchen linens--tablecloths, napkins, tea towels, etc...
I have a closet full of tablecloths for every season and holiday, with matching napkins. My DH likes them too. He even went online to learn how to fold napkins into fancy shapes. All my friends think it's so funny that he does this, since he's your typical tough-looking army guy. I just think it's cute!

·
Registered
933 Posts
I'm right there with you. I'm also a dish junky and home decorating items junky. I love thrift and clearance sales. I'd be nekkid without them. LOL

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love thrift and clearance sales. I'd be nekkid without them. LOL
I hear ya! Most of my clothes are from the Goodwill. I can't afford Liz' stuff, otherwise. LOL! The gals in the office compliment me on my finds. Little do most of them know...

I just bought a bunch of jumpers and tailored tops for my tummy operation. It is wonderful to have no binding clothes around my tummy while I heal.

Good deals, all of them!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great deals!! I love linens and have a closet dedicated to just them. I was also lucky to have inherited some of my Oma's linens that she brought over from Holland. Everytime I go to the thrift stores, that's the first section I head to! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.