Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from sitting in the cold wet snow for 5 long hours.  But, it was well worth it as our high school are the Pennsylvania AAA State Champs!!!!!!!! 

WOOOOHOOOOO what a game.  Double overtime, in near whiteout conditions and a blocked punt won the game.  It was a long road, but we finally got here.  Boy do those boys deserve this win!!!  We are the Pennsylvania AAA State Champs.  Boy do I like the sound of that.  I am so happy I could scream.  Oh, wait a minute, I have been doing that all night long.  Now if only I could cuddle with my dh to get warm.  Unfortunately, I can't do that cause he is in Philly for the Army/Navy game.  Oh well, I guess that I will just have to load up on the blankets.  Have a great weekend everyone.  I am that is for sure!!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
Congratulations!
They have a great cheerleader in you.:)

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
:clap::clap:Woo-Hoooooooooo!!!!:yippee::yippee:
Our boys are still in the playoffs in Texas, tonite we play our arch rivals for the quarter final playoff. Dh says if we win it might actually take us all the way.
I know how thrilled you are, I'm thrilled for you;)

·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck to your team. Next year will be even better when my son moves up to play on the varsity. He played middle school this year. This school has had so many heartbreaks. They have lost 8 times in the Eastern Finals. They have never gotten to states so this was great. There was 7000+ fans, and 5000+ were on our side. There would have been so many more if the weather was not so bad.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Congratulations! That is a wonderful honor! WTG Team!!!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Congratulations on your new title....AAA State Champs!! I am sure it was worth braving the wintery conditions to watch such a great game.

·
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never ever thought I would sit through a snow storm for a football game. I can't remember the last time that I was so wet and cold from the snow. But, I have stayed inside most of the day today except for a little time of helping ds1 to shovel. Can't wait for dh to come home to start the coal stove up for the winter. In a few days I will be wearing shorts. It gets that hot in our house when we have the coal stove going. But, I would rather have it a little hot then cold any day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts