Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this past year has been the worst. If you read my other posts you will understand. Anyway, I am planning for 2007. I am now using the envelope system, cash only plan, (though it is challenging). I have set my goals and look out 2007, because I am going to get extreme to pay down debt and pay off credit cards. I can't wait to start seeing results. I am going to do small things to update the house a bit, like painting a bathroom, change some knobs, a few new rugs. I am going to be a regular at the thrift store to shop when I need things. I want to learn to use Ebay to sell somethings, and also another garage sale. I am so....tired of worrying about money all of the time. It is like I am obsessed. LOL I will continue to need all of you and your advice to get Extreme!!!! Anyone sick of being sick and tired of debt and want to kick it to the curb in 2007?

·
Registered
713 Posts
I'm with you on kicking it to the curb in 2007. I want to get strict and serious with myself. Not only do I owe this to myself, my family deserves a wife and mother who is not always stressed out about debt!!!!

·
Registered
579 Posts
have you read the tightwad gazette
as well dave ramsey the total money makeover
and joe dominguez....(crud i forgot the title)...

of course borrow from the library..

also www.*****.com is a free dave ramsey board with GREAT ideas and tons of cash only people

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
thanks for that link!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Count me in!!! I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.....Right now I'm trying to get all my stuff together and get it listed out. and I'm looking @ the Dave Ramsey plan and Mary Hunts plan trying to see which plan will work best for my family. I told my husband in 5 yrs in want everything paid off and a pretty good bit put back to buy 5-10 acres so I can have my horse in the back yard
Christy

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I'm ready to join in with you! I've started listing my debt, I'm working on my budget, I should be all set by January 1st. I've got some stuff listed on E-Bay to make some extra money. I really have to cut back on my grocery spending. For a single person, I spend way to much. I'm tracking every penny I spend to see where I can cut back. We can do it!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am in too...plan to use the rest of this month and December to plan and then go nuts in 2007. I am sick and tired of worrying about money. I have ordered Total Money Makeover and the Deluxe Envelope System...so....I just need to stay motivated and make this website a part of my daily routine!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I am also preparing to kick my program in gear on 1 Jan 2007. I have been taking baby steps for months and need to get it in gear.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Count me in, too. My main goal for 2007 is to kick the debt to the curb. I shiould be debt-free except for the mortgage sometime in 2007 and I should have over $2000 in my bef!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'll join you too! I need to start an EF which I was hoping to do now, but with Christmas just a few weeks away, I dont' see that happening. I had received extra, unexpected money but of course that has been going to gifts! So, January is when I plan on starting it & working on paying dh's credit cards off & I'd also like to put extra on the principal of the mortgage. I'll have to start making a list.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
I kicked my debt in 2006 except for the morgage. I have become "obsessed" with that getting paid off and our EF fully funded. I have visions of a free and clear deed to the house dancing in my dreams. I'm dreaming of being done in three years....the realist in me (and my hubby) tell me 5 is still pushing REALLY hard...but I'd rather shoot for the moon. Anyway, I'll continue planning this month and putting things in place for 2007....and making sure I didn't miss any stray medical bills. those things seem to appear out of nowhere from years ago.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I'm in!! We're planning on keeping up the intensity and it's going to the mortgage in 2007. We will owe $71,686 January 1st and I can't wait to see where we stand at the end of 2007, aiming to have it knocked down by half. :D

Best of luck to everyone!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I'm ready to kick 2006 to the curb. It's been the year from you-know-where.

Good luck y'all!!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Count me in for sure!! We are over our heads in debt, and I am sooo tired of it. If I get time today I am going to type up a basic budget for 2007. Dh is completely on board, and that really helps. Good luck to all!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Good luck to you all! We are debt free except for our mortgage but are planning to move in 2007 out of state where hopefully we will be able to buy a house free and clear!! I'm hoping and praying it will all work out, what an undertaking is ahead for my family.:nerv2:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am in. I want to get everything caught up and then focus on saving saving saving. We do have to buy a new car but that can't be helped with my car not able to be fixed so I know that is something we have to do. But we plan to try to make a little extra each month toward house payment so that way we can get more paid off. We plan to pay off the home depot credit card and have no cc debt at all. We will use that card from time to time but pay it off the next month.

Coming in 2007 we plan to by a whole hog and quarter of beef in spring and another in fall so that will help a lot with the grocery and eating out bills. I am also going to do a big stockpile at the end of December so that will help a lot. I just want to feel like we can breath and not have to worry so much about money.

We also plan to start our Christmas shopping for next year and also birthdays at the end of the year sales. We figure we could get some good deals on things people want. Mainly our nieces and nephews.

My big plan is to have close to $4000 in ef by the end of 2007. I know that is a big goal but we can do it if we put our minds to it and that is the goal. I also plan to have 2 or 3 garage sale next year from all the decluttering I have been doing and also place a few items on ebay. So that is extra money toward my ef.

Good luck to everyone that wants to get there lives and there families lives in order in 2007. I think it is great and so glad that I found this site I have learned a lot.

I think having goals in place for 2007 is a great way to start the year. I think if we make the goals we can stick to them. I know there will be times when we slid but that is ok as long as it is not all the time or to often.:hug2:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
We plan on hitting it (debt reduction) hard in 2007. It is doable. We are facing some interesting changes here at the property. I think we are being sold---again, but the person interested said he would definately keep us.

So now more than ever, we must be frugal and put back $$$ just in case. And as we all know there is always a just in case scenario waiting to happen.

I wish us all well in 2007.

T

·
0 Posts
I'm having a really hard time with goals for 2007. Next year is going to be a big transition year for us in many areas. It will be our first full year with Owen (he was born in Sept.). We have decided to move to southern New Hampshire in the late spring, since the cost of living is cheaper and it is closer to where DH lives. We'll rent for a year, and if we like it we'll work on buying a house. I'm still unemployed and don't have a great feel on the job market for my field in the area. I don't know when I'll be going back to work, but I will have a new job. We need to buy a car, so we'll have a car loan for the first time in two years. DH and I also both need to get serious about our health habits - I have a little bit of weight to lose, but DH has a lot of weight to lose.

I find it hard to set goals when there are so many unknowns. I kind of hope to go with the flow a little bit more. We have paid down all debt except my student loans and have a decent EF, so I'm not particularly worried about money next year.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
I haven't started thinking of 2007, although it can only get better. It's been a very rough year on us. Our goal though is to pay off all our debt by Nov. 20th of next year. We shall see how that goes.

WTG to each of you for wanting to get rid of debt. It's a lot of work, however it can be done.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts