Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started menu planning this week. So far it has worked out beautifully!

DH wanted to go out to dinner tonight, but I told him no, I have a turkey to make with all the fixin's.

I can't wait to write out my plan for next week!

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
wish i could do this!!!;) good luck danielle!

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
I've started doing this again myself..I got lazy...I like knowing I have whats needed to fix our meals...and not having to keep running to the store.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I, like, Karla, got lazy, but am now starting to do this once again. It sure helps. I am working on May's menu today.

Good luck!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I'm also working on May's menu today. :) I really need to get our freezer and pantry cleared out so that in July I'll have everything ready to restock for next year.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I need to do this myself!! We have gotten so bad at eating out and not planning what we should be eating!!!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
It really makes a difference when I plan the menu for the week! We eat out a lot less and save money, too. I can't make out a monthly menu, though. Too overwhelming for me!:)

·
Registered
895 Posts
It must be in the air. LOL! I just made up 4 weeks worth of menu's and a seperate shopping list for each week. So all I have to do is print out that weeks list and mark off what we already have. So quick and easy. Wednesday nights are my night off and the kitchen is closed. Knowing that we are going out on Wed. nights keeps me on track. Plus I can look at 2-3 days in advance to see what I need to thaw or prep. I saved it all on disk so changes can be made but so far (3 weeks into it now) we have no complaints or changes. It has saved us so much money. :thumb:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
This is something that I need to get back on track at doing. I used to be very faithful about it and had my menu made up a month in advance every month. I was more faithful about my OAMC then too, so that made it easy to menu plan. I love the idea of keeping it on a disk and making changes as neccessary.

Danielle you have motivated me again. I am going to work on one tonight.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Menu planning makes life so much easier around here! I just plan supper now, but plan on adding breakfast and lunch too. I actually scheduled a "fridge night" to remind me to clean out the fridge once a week and eat up the leftovers. (It also helps identify how long some of those leftovers have been in there, lol)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts