Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well dh is followng my lead and we are having so much fun. I have ALWAYS wanted a sewing room, but lately I dont sew as much as I used to so I renamed my "space" to ... "The Studio".  My idea for this kind of room is one that is exploding with color and funk, so I have been going to Home Depot and buying lots of "Oops" paint, you know cheap paint that was mismade for one reason or another. Well, we took all the old yardsale furniture that Nicole left behind. It is that kind that we all have probably had either for ourselves or our daughters, either white or off-white with gold edging. I bought satin and semigloss paint wuarts for $1 each. Dh and I dragged that old junkie furniture out onto the driveway and sanded it, and started painting it. It is VERY colorful!!!

The desk is painted in some of the leftover mango that I used for my funky wall.  the drawers are each painted a different color, one from the green when i sponge painted the bathroom, blue and a redish color called hot pepper.

The hutch is painted a beautiful shade of lavender and the dresser underneath will be a bright yellow and each drawer will be a different color.

I bought a comforter set at Walmart that has huge flowers and is bright colors. All the colors in the furniture revolve around that comforter. I also bought 12  yards of bright green 60 inch wide fabric, it is a polyester and I will make a kind of swag.  I am so enjoying this. I picked up a few empty paint cans that Home Deopt sells to put on the shelves of the hutch to store paintbrushes, scissors, pencils, etc. They are shiny silver and will match very well.

There are lots of drawers for my paint, fabric, ribbons. A desk to hold the sewing machine and I have the other computer that needs a new harddrive which I will send for from HP after Christmas to keep ideas and patterns stored in.
The best part about all of this is that my dh is as excited about putting this room together as I am. I am feeling like a lucky person today...better get off here, got lots to finish!

· Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,803 Posts
:D I'm excited just reading your post-- it sounds like such fun!! And you will have a room that you'll love in the end. How wonderful!

28,354 Posts
Listen to those creative juices flowing! You wild thing you! I can just picture you grinning from ear to ear. Too cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fdance:

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Halfway there, everything is painted except for 3 legs to the corner sewing desk! Next thing to do is the bright LIME GREEN swag...I am lovin this!

· Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well Dh came home from work yesterday and said that the room didn't look right because it needed painting so badly. We went to Walmart and bought 2 gallons of Field Day green! It is really green and funky in there. We have one more dresser to paint, but it rained today so we didnt get to it, I love it so much in there!!! I have all my crafting supplies in drawers, bins, cans etc, it is wonderful. I am gonna have a great time in that room!

· Registered
16,011 Posts
Sounds like you and your dh are having fun! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.