Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been able to get online or use our phone most of the today. Our power was out from about 3 a.m. and we have cordless phones so we were unable to use those. UGH!

We had horrible high/strong winds here last night. Some tree limbs are down and a couple trees out on the main roads (had to go get my high blood pressure meds). Dh didn't get to work because of the heavy rains.

I am in PAIN now. The reason you ask? Well.........

I had laid down on the couch last night about 11 keeping up with the news most of the night because of all the tornado watches in this county and the counties surrounding us. We ended up having two tornado warnings in two counties nearby and they were predicting them coming right toward us.

Well apparently I had dosed off for a few minutes when my dd woke me up more or less screaming. MOMMY!!! (now this is my 14 yr. old doing this she never says Mommy anymore, it's either Mom or Mama, unless she is scared out of her wits).

The house sounded as if a freight train was coming towards it. It kept getting louder and louder. Needless to say I got up quick and ran for the bedroom to get dh up and grab Emma while Ashley went towards the boys room to grab them.

In the process of me running from the couch to the bedroom, I lost my footing and fell and landed on my left elbow. I have a BIG ugly bruise on my elbow now. I can't stand to bend my elbow it hurts so bad. I ended up with carpet burns on both my knees and a two huge bruises on my left leg, a bruise on my upper arm and somehow got one on my rear. ROFL. I am so SORE!!

Thankfully it was not a Tornado coming through the house but rather a very LOUD LOUD LOUD thunder that just kept rolling. Very scary!!!

I have had about 2 hours of sleep total. I was so scared last night.

Thankfully, no one here was hurt by the weather (other than my clumsiness) and we didn't have any structural damage.

Earlier today, there were 3 tornado warnings in two counties nearby us and they were predicting them coming right toward us. Thankfully they didn't get here.

We are supposed to get more severe thunderstorms and bad weather tonight.

·
27,948 Posts
I'm so sorry you were hurt & scared like that. Glad you & yours are safe. Wishing many more happier endings like yours.:heartsm:
How overwhelming these storms can be.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am sorry you got hurt. But I am happy it wasn't from a tornado hitting too close! I was panicing when i saw the title of the thread! So glad you and yours are ok

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm sorry you got hurt !!!!!!!:(
You have good instincts, sorry you fell....... I hope you mend quickly !!!!!!!!!:eek:uch:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'm so glad that you all are safe! I hope you mend quickly!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Thank God it was not a tornado, sorry you got racked up, but at least you're safe.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
O, gosh Laura! Sure sounds like you're in pain. Hope it gets better. :)

We have been having some sever weather here, too.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
I'm sorry you got hurt, Laura...also very happy that you are safe.:hugz:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:hugz: Laura
I'm so glad that yu and your family are safe and that it was not a tornado coming towards you! I'm really sorry that you fell though and got hurt. No fun!!! Stay safe! My Aunt and Uncle live in Byrdstown and I've been worried about them also.

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Sorry to hear you were hurt, but am glad you are safe.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
PrairieRose said:
Sorry to hear about the fall Laura, you sure nothing is broken?

I don't think it is. I was moving my arm today trying to do something....can't remember what now.....but my elbow popped so loud that dd and dh heard it. Geez it hurt like crazy when it happened but it does feel a little better now.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Laura so glad you are ok! We have had some wild weather over our way too! (clarksville/montgomery county-near ky border) It is so scary to think that in mere seconds everything can be gone. Glad it was just thunder!!!!!!!!

Take care and feel better. Take it easy on that elbow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts