Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I thought about it and thought about it. Then one day, I was looking around work and realizing...this is dead end. I can't go anywhere here.
I had been contemplating school for a while and I finally leaped. I applied, was accepted and now I'm taking a couple of pre-requisite courses for the competitive program. I turned in my app for the competitive program last month. here's hoping i'm accepted into it. thankfully my BA covers a lot of the liberal arts stuff and some of the sciences. So I don't have too many credits to take.

So, I'm taking Organic Chem (I took inorganic *gulp* 17 years ago- so before classes started, I gave myself a crash refresher) and Statistics.

Things i've learned so far:

-Learning by Osmosis is a fallacy. I've fallen asleep on my Chem book countless times, it's made no difference.
-Online classes rock!
-I find the learning process much more rewarding now that I'm older
-I'm a "non-traditional" student (means I'm old)
-I still get anxious over quizzes and tests
-I love school. :)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Congratulations and good job on going back for a degree in a field that will benefit you.

·
19,119 Posts
WTG MTS04!! Love the listing of what you've learned!! Have fun and keep us posted!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congratulations!!! I've been going to school for the past several years and finally see the prize in sight! You can SO do this!!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
What program are you applying to? I just finished my BSN degree last week - at age 55. If I can do it, you can do it!! Good luck.

Reactions: Mom23boys

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What program are you applying to? I just finished my BSN degree last week - at age 55. If I can do it, you can do it!! Good luck.
I'm applying to the med lab sci program. I actually started that program orginally for my bachelors, but change because I couldn't afford the school.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I would say the best of luck to you MTSO4 :), your name already sounds a little like a chemical substance, so hope that will bring you luck. I got my bachelor in chemistry, so if you have any questions feel free to pm me, but keep in mind it can take a couple of days for me to answer, caus of time diff and work.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I know how you feel! I went back to school in March and I'm in LOVE with it! It is definitely a lot harder than before and I found I have a lot of my old ways coming out (flash cards, copious amounts of notes, etc.) but it's all worth it. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
O-chem? You are way braver than I am. I took Intro Chem, Gen Chem I & II and that's all I wanted to do. Stopped math at Calc II.

I went to college for the first time at 33, graduated at 41 with a BS geology/GIS. I loved it. Except for a few exams that made me cry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.