Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To put this succinctly---

Tuesday AM wake with much pain in upper stomach and under sternum. Vomiting bile.

Finally go to ER, tell them had similar incident in June, and BOY it hurts.

They do ultrasound of GB and see many stones and irritation of the walls of the GB.

They say I need GB out--tomorrow. I have surgery (laproscopic--4 holes in belly and no incision) 7pm Wednesday night. Go home at 1 pm today.

WOW---surgery has improved since 1976, when I last had!! Anesthesia meds don't leave you nauseus and vomiting and miserable and hung-over feeling for 2 days. They can scope a lot of things and do without incisions. Sooooo much less painful.

It was a snap! Piece of cake! Little sore, but feel great!

·
27,948 Posts
It really is neat how far many surgeries have come.S orry you had such pain but glad they could make you feel better like they have. Take it easy! :smted:

Reactions: cab54

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hope you feel better soon, get lots of rest. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Get well soon! Sorry you went through so much pain. It's amazing the things they can do nowadays.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I didn't have to stay overnight. Unfortunately, the anesthesia wasn't smooth for me. I had headaches and felt sick for a few days. I also couldn't eat for about 4 days. Pain wise, not as bad as I expected. But I was really sore for a couple of days. So glad your experience was better.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, surgery has changed. I have a large scar from my 20+ year old appendectomy and four tiny scars that are fading quickly from my gallbladder surgery a couple years ago. Glad it went well for you.

·
Registered
649 Posts
To put this succinctly---

Tuesday AM wake with much pain in upper stomach and under sternum. Vomiting bile.

Finally go to ER, tell them had similar incident in June, and BOY it hurts.

They do ultrasound of GB and see many stones and irritation of the walls of the GB.

They say I need GB out--tomorrow. I have surgery (laproscopic--4 holes in belly and no incision) 7pm Wednesday night. Go home at 1 pm today.

WOW---surgery has improved since 1976, when I last had!! Anesthesia meds don't leave you nauseus and vomiting and miserable and hung-over feeling for 2 days. They can scope a lot of things and do without incisions. Sooooo much less painful.

It was a snap! Piece of cake! Little sore, but feel great!
I hope you feel better soon, my husband had his gallbladder, appendix, and knee surgery done laposcopically, fast recovery time and home faster.

·
4,028 Posts
hope you continue to heal quickly!!!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, Sara, I'm sorry you had such a bad recovery!

I guess I've been really lucky with this one. I was on my way to surgery just 24 hours ago, and I am eating solids (albeit low fat) and doing well on Tylenol extra strength. I do have a narcotic if I need it though.

The GOODest news, guys, is that WHILE I was laying in the ER, my niece had her twin baby girls! (at another hospital). When I got home today, I couldn't wait to check out their photos posted online! Adorable.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Glad it went well and feel better soon.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm so glad to hear that everything went well for you. I'll pray that you have a very speedy recovery, and I bet you can't wait to help spoil those babies when you feel better!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Oh, Sara, I'm sorry you had such a bad recovery!

I guess I've been really lucky with this one. I was on my way to surgery just 24 hours ago, and I am eating solids (albeit low fat) and doing well on Tylenol extra strength. I do have a narcotic if I need it though.

The GOODest news, guys, is that WHILE I was laying in the ER, my niece had her twin baby girls! (at another hospital). When I got home today, I couldn't wait to check out their photos posted online! Adorable.
So glad you're eating already. I was on soup for about a week.
What wonderful news on the twins. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
HI-

I had my gallbladder out a few years ago. It sounds like yours went very smoothly. I had the same surgery laproscopic, but ended up having to have a second endoscopy to get a stone that was stuck. I had to stay in the hospital for a few days too. It wasn't a horrible recovery, but I was sore. They told me no raw vegis for a while and bland foods. You'll be feeling great soon!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
I had mine out a few years ago. Surgery at 9:00 am on Friday, home by 5:00 pm that afternoon and within 24 hours I traveled thirty miles from home to go to DS's football game. Once we arrived at the stadium, I walked five hundred yards to get from the car to the football stadium and then sat in the stands for three hours watching the game. Such an easy surgery and recovery was a breeze.

So happy you are home and recovering nicely. :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Glad you had the surgery and are feeling great. Take it easy though! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad you're feeling better!

I actually had really good luck with a homeopathic remedy, a mix of olive oil and grapefruit juice. It flushed the stones out of my gall bladder.

I feel great, plus I saved myself a trip to the hospital, not to mention the expense.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I'm possibly facing the same surgery, so I needed a little hope! Getting my sonogram Thursday, should know soon. After all my c-sections I suppose this would be a piece of cake huh? (humor me and just say yes, lol)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts