Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday I had to go see the oral surgeon to have a tooth removed. Has he was looking in my mouth he noticed a growth on the back of my throat. So now I have to get an appointment and have a biopsy done on this growth. He told me he doesn't think that it is cancer, because of the shape of it. He thinks it is the result of an environmental virus. He said the biopsy should tell us what is irritating me, and that we would have to figure out how to remove it from my environment or remove me from my current environment. I got so up upset in his office I didn't even have my tooth removed, so I have to reschedule that. Right now I feel like a little girl, and want to call my daddy and have him make it all better. Though I won't even call him, because I don't want to worry him. My dh and I haven't been able to talk about, to many little ears around the house this weekend, with our 4 kids and dd has a friend over. Prayers that this growth is nothing would be greatly appreciated. If there is anyone in this group that has ever experienced this I would like to hear your story.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
:hugz: for you & what you are going through right now. I hope everything works out for the best & will keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
oh sweetie, i will keep you in prayers please keep us updated on the diagnosis.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
My prayers are with you. I would encourage you to do your best to make an opportunity to talk to your DH about it. This is important and obviously it has you upset. He can really be there for you, so give him the chance. Hugs, honey!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Prayers and hugs being sent your way.

--Michelle

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Prayers being sent your way right now. Try not to worry dear while your waiting for the results.It'll be alright, u'll see. hhuuugggssss

·
27,948 Posts
Time to make time for some snuggle time for you and your sweetie. Chances are this is just one of those things designed to freak you out but turn out to be nothing to worry about. Hang in there and know we're in your corner. :hugz:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I pray it all works out for the best. ANd that it is nothing at all to worry about in the end. In the mean time, we're all here to "listen". Type your heart out. We care, and want the best results for you.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Big big hug :hug2:

Times like this really stink. We all go through it, and it usually turns out to be nothing. But it's so stressful.

But remember, the oral surgeon has experience and has seen lots of this stuff... and he said himself it doesn't look like cancer... this guy would know what cancer looks like. Hopefully it's some allergy... maybe you won't ever have to clean house or cut grass again :D

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
It's going to be alright, you'll see :) I've had several strange growths in different places and they've all turned out to be benign cysts or polyps. I understand the freaking out, I've freaked out with every one of mine :D Good luck and try not to stress out too much, we're all here for you.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Big big hug :hug2:

Times like this really stink. We all go through it, and it usually turns out to be nothing. But it's so stressful.

But remember, the oral surgeon has experience and has seen lots of this stuff... and he said himself it doesn't look like cancer... this guy would know what cancer looks like. Hopefully it's some allergy... maybe you won't ever have to clean house or cut grass again :D
I totally agree.Take a deep breath. It is human nature to assume the worst I think.I am glad you had that dental app. so this can be taken care of asap. Just my own opinion, but I would never want my girl to be afraid and not to call me for comfort. Talk to Dh when you can too. We are here for you.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Sending hugs, prayers and good vibes your way :hugz:, keep your head up everything be will quite all right.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Don't think you are alone... you have us! With a community this big, someone else out there is probably thinking they are alone in this too.

I have learned that all you have to do it speak up and someone will always be there to listen and help you along your path.

I don't talk about it much, but, I have been in the hospital many times for unexplained growths. When I was 14, I had one removed from my spine (non-cancer). I had one scheduled to be removed from my right ovary which resulted in a partial oophorectomy. I had a growth on the roof of my mouth, I think out of everything I had removed, that was the most painful because they did it right there in the ER. I also had a growth removed. The -thought- they were removing my appendix, but when they sent it to the lab... nope. It was a benign cancer. I consider myself lucky that I had fast acting doctors, even if they were wrong about what they had to remove, they got it out all the same.

Except for the spinal growth, I was totally alone during everything. Mostly because I had to have them removed immediately that it wasn't until after that it sank in to me exactly what was happening. Even if I did have time, I had no one to talk to about it anyways. Everything I mentioned above happened before I turned 24, and my 'friends' were still too immature to be able to grasp the situations and my family and I were estranged.

You have us. You have your DH, you have your family (even if they are too young to raise an alarm to right now) You have people you can spontaniously hug and tell them you love them.

The growth in your mouth may be a cyst, an abscess or (like my mom) a tooth that got lost on it's way...

When I was 24 and they were testing me for cervical cancer (my mother has had skin, breast and endometrial cancer to date) before I married the ex-h, he was already treating me as if I had gotten a card with a big C on it. Refused to talk to me, touch me, acknowledge my existance. He was already mourning me. As you can see, I am still here, 11 years later. Turns out the cervical growths was PCOS related and not-cancer.

If you worry about it all weekend and it turns out to be something non-terminal, you wasted a weekend worrying instead of spending it with your loved ones, doing the things you wanted to do.

If you worry about it all weekend and it turns out the be... serious... you lost a weekend worrying instead of spending it with your loved ones, doing the things you wanted to do.

Just remember, you have us, you have your family. Feel free to scream, cry, throw things, whatever it is that gets you through this time of uncertanty.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sorry you have to go through this. I'm sending many hugs and prayers your way.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I am sorry you are going through this :hug2:.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
My friend had something like this and I think it was just an absess--I remember her taking antibiotics and nothing more. I will keep you in my prayers.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Be kind to yourself and try not to worry. My prayers are with you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts