Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yikes. As some of you know, I have spent the last few weeks in and out of funeral homes. There's more to it than that, my son comes home with a suit that needs dry cleaned (he's a pall bearer), the house has been trashed over and over, meals to be made, laundry up the whazoo, and I do EVERYTHING for Christmas around here, no one else ever has.

I shouldn't be here on FV, but I'm badly in need of a break. :eek:uch: I am madly baking, wrapping (thank GOD for online shopping and free shipping at the holidays on so many sites!), decorating, and cooking and freezing food. I have about 22 people over on Christmas eve and about 24 over on Christmas day. :skept: I have done this for years except for last year when we hid out at our cabin. (Heaven!)

My Mom hinted around (she's a widow now) until I finally agreed to help her set up her tree (mine isn't even up yet), and my cousins on my dad's side set up a family REUNION at my cousin's art studio for wed. night. Yeah. Right. More food to make. I am trying so hard to stay calm and catch up. Gaaaah! :puck:

Send some calm and holiday spirit vibes and prayers my way, please? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I have to say I'm not going through all you are and you are doing a great job. God bless you for still having all those people over considering all you've been through. I couldn't do it; not organized enough. Here's sending you some peace and calm.

·
19,119 Posts
Sending prayers, hugs and aloha to help you through the next few weeks. Have you thought about not doing so much this year - have learned it's not what people expect me to do - it's more what I expect me to do.

Please take care of yourself - you deserve to enjoy these days too.

Reactions: cab54

·
19,119 Posts
So cab, just checking in to see how you're doing!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! Prayers on the way! :hugz:

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
You've had so much on your plate! Sending you some holiday energy to get you through. Hang in there, you can do it. *hug*

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, all. I'm actually calming down a bit since I'm plugging along and getting a lot done. Helps to get ahead a bit.

·
27,948 Posts
Ask for help my friend!!! It's more than OK not to do it all. :heartsm:
Oh & if it all doesn't get done or done "right" you definately know it really doesn't matter. Really.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.