Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't wait to share my good luck story with y'all.

My Daddy is building a house in a small town nearby, he bought a house for the lot that it sits on and is planning to tear the house down to build a new one on it. The house that is there is an older house and the owners of it were put into a nursing home 14 years ago. The owners passed away and their heirs took what they wanted from the house and sold the house with everything else in it. My daddy told me to come and see what I wanted, I am getting a beautiful antique bedroom suite for DD, it has the dresser with the beautiful round mirror with beveled edges and even has the stool that goes with it. I am getting a dining table, not really antique but in good shape and bigger than mine, a white metal kitchen stand, assorted bric-a-brac, and the best thing, a bunch of old quilts, some are still on the beds and have not been touched in 14 years. Some are on the floor and have had mice on them but I am hoping to be able to save them. I am so excited. I am also getting to end tables and other odd pieces of furniture. DD found some costume jewlery that she took, old broaches and necklaces. I would have loved to have had the dishes but my uncle had already claimed them, (the original owners were his family), he also found foot lockers with old family papers in them that gave him some links he had been missing for his geneology of his family.

When I get it all home, I will post some pictures to show y'all my treasures. :D

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Great treasures! Enjoy!! :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
That's awsome - WTG sis!!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Oh my Kathy..treasures indeed!! Can't wait to see pictures of everything :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
How exciting! I can't wait to see your treasures.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Kathy! That's so great! You are very lucky indeed! :) I caqn't wait to see pictures of your new treasures!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You are very lucky Kathy !!!!!! What a lot of great treasures !!!!!!
Please share the photos when you can !!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Katybird that is soooo neat! I used to have a bedroom set like that growing up and I thought it was old and I wanted something more modern. I sure wish I knew then what I know today. lol Tell her to hang on to it! I'm so thrilled you got all those quilts. Enjoy, Enjoy! Your Daddy was so nice to have you come pick what you wanted.:D

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
You lucky duck! What great finds! It must've been creepy to see quilts on beds untouched for 14 years. That would have creeped me out, lol.

·
27,948 Posts
How neat! Enjoy your loot!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
you are one LUCKY LADY!! I'd love to have treasures like that!!

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Oh Kathy, that is an excellent find. I bet you felt like it was Christmas. I am glad that the heirlooms have found a home with you. It never ceases to amaze me what others leave behind. Congrats.

pat

·
Registered
601 Posts
WOW, WHAT GREAT THINGS YOU WERE ABLE TO GET.....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Wow that is great..

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
I am totally jealous. I am so happy for you. Enjoy your new things!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts