Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't been posting. It's been onething after another with this pregnancy. At my 23 week sonogram I was told the baby was breech.At 34 weeks I ask my Dr if he thought the baby was head down and he said yes. Well,37 weeks I was having some blood presure probs and he sent me for a sonogram to check the baby and my gallbladder.Well the tech says,"when was your last sonogram?" When I said "23 weeks" She says "Oh good,so you know the baby is breech" I about lost it.Here I was thinking I was safe from a c section since the placenta previa corrected itself and the Dr SAYING the baby was head down only to find out she is NOT head down. I started crying because i 'knew' it meant I'd have a section.
The Dr comes in later and says we can try a external version (where he tries to turn the baby by pushing her around) We tried that and OH MY GOSH..it hurt to bad and I said to stop!
he says my only other option was the section :(
I went in today for my 38 week appt.and the heartbeat was fast.I had to wait another 10 mins and he checked again...still high. That was at 1pm..he says to come back at 3:30 and he'd check again,if it was still high,I'd have to go to L&D and be monitored.Thankfully it was normal.He said to call his office tomorrow and schedule a c section between June4th and June11th (my due date).So tomorrow I should know when she'll be born :D
I'm scared to have surgery but I just want her here safe and healthy.Then again I'm excited to know when I'll get to hold her.
Aww and last week the tech said the baby weighed 7.6 give or take 11 ozs. To me she feels small but I'm comparing that to Jackson and I KNEW he would be big,I could barely walk the last month and he weighed 9.2 ouch at birth. I'm looking forward to seeing just what she weighs.Watch her weigh 9.1 LOL!!!
I just pray she hasn't grown any boy parts. The tech couldn't reconfirm it last week due to her being breech...So,We'll see!

Well,thats whats been going on. I've missed you all and hopefully I'll be back to posting on a reg basis very soon :D

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Tammy the hardest part of the C-section is standing up straight afterwards..lol. I am sure you will do fine and I can't wait to see some pictures. Let us know what day you choose.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
hi tammy, we've missed you. can't wait to see the new little one.;) :angel:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Both my kids were c-sections. the hardest part is standing up afterwards...and getting out of a chair, lol. DS was born c/s because i stopped dialating at 7 cm and he got stuck. and Fetal distress they said from the getting stuck, so they did a emergency c-section. DD they did a repeat c/s with her because i had lots of problems with my pregnancy with her, went into preterm labor and all with her. so with that as a factor and the history of DS's labor, they decided to do a c/s. wasn't that bad. I still lactated right away, so that wasn't a problem, I had been worried it would be a issue, but it wasn't at all. :) The birth of dd was even on the news, as they were doing a thing about obgyn's and they asked me if they could tape some of it...not the icky parts. Whne they were doing it i didn't feel any pain. If you have any questions or want to , you are welcome to email me.:D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Glad to see you back. I had been hoping everything was ok. My dd#3 was breech and i did these excercises where I was practically on my head! She turned right around. I was scared half to death about a c/s so I know where you are coming from there, but all babies come into this world whatever way they want so my thoughts will be with you. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Tammy, I missed you ! I'm glad that things have improved in some ways.... I'm sure if you have to have a C-section, you will do fine ! let us know how things are going.... We'll be expecting another baby very soon..................:D
BTW..... Boy parts grow long before 23 weeks......

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You've been missed and I'm glad to hear from you!! I'll be keeping you and the baby in my prayers. :angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Hi Tammy, I've missed you! Wow this sweet little girl will be here soon. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you both. Now you rest up and take care!!!:heartsm:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Tammy, I was thinking about you yesterday and hoping everything was going well. :)

My sil had both of her children c-section and my brother was allowed in the room just like with a normal delivery. I haven't had any children, but I have had lots of surgeries. The ladies are right, it is hard to stand up straight, get out of chairs etc... and you will have to take it slow but WOW what a reward!! :D

You will do fine. My thoughts are with you and your baby. :hugz:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Tammy! I was thinking about you ONLY yesterday! :eek: and wondering where you were.

I've really missed you - I'm not sure I even knew you were pregnant??? I might have done? I have a TERRIBLE memory! :D

Congratulations anyway lol. At least I know now where you've been. (Can't wait to see the baba :) )

I've never had a C-section - I shouldn't worry about the weight anyway, 3 of mine were over 9lb. And the 'easiest' birth was the heaviest at 9lb 9oz - go figure???? AND I'm only little!!! The worst was my smallest at 7lb 13oz. It still makes my eyes water when people say 'oh my baby was 10lb' LOL - but I don't think it means much???

I'm so excited now! Another baby on the village and I didn't know! (or I forgot - Duh!)

Welcome Back :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Tammy, I can't wait to see your little girl!:angel: I'll be thinking about you and I wish you the very best on *the special day* :heartsm: Take good care of you.:heartsm:

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Tammy, I've missed you!! Thanks for letting us know and you are in my prayers :angel: and thoughts. Do take care of yourself and we'll be awaiting the wonderful news!:angel:

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Tammy, I a saying a prayer right now for both you and the little one. Keep us posted whenever you can. Take care,

pat

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks ladies! I know people have c sections everyday,I'm just a big whimp when it comes to ANY kind of pain. Then again,I should get pain pills. I'm also a big worry wart and I always think the worst of everything. Yesterday the Dr was going over the risks and he said,to name a few,the bladder could be cut,you can get blood clots in your legs...Well,I came home and told Steve I was not having this baby,my bladder would be cut and I'd have blood clots and die.....It wasn't funny then,but I feel much better today and more calm about the whole thing :)
I'm calling around 1pm today and schedule the appt. I'm going to ask for the 4th (the sooner the better and plus I may change my mind LOL) so I hope he can do it the 4th. I know the only thing that really matters is having a healthy baby :)

Ahh and dh will be in the operating room with me,but he may be out cold on the floor. The poor guy. He isn't afraid of needles or blood,but he gets ..(umm whats the word I'm looking for here) sqimish (SP) and passes out. Several yrs ago I went to the er with some female probs and the lady took blood. Next thing we know Steve hits the floor LOL If he passes out over that,he says he knows he will when they cut me. But once he passes out and comes to...he's fine...weird huh?! LOL
I'm hoping since we already know whats going to happen he can prepare hisself and not pass out. But he says "if they're cutting on my wife,I'll be out on the floor" So...we'll see....just hope he doesn't hit his head to hard on the floor!

·
Registered
325 Posts
You can have him stay behind the "curtain" with you so he can't see until they clean up the baby. I am very tiny- had Jason 7/01 at 114lbs. He decided to sit in my pelvic area and wasn't going to budge, so c-section it was. If they were going to cut into a bladder or any other miscellaneous parts, mine would have been the ones. You don't feel anything while they're doing it. And you don't feel your legs for 24 hours, but who wants to get up?!? They give you a lovely button to hold and press for lots of demerol(sp?) and when you leave they give you a prescription with a refill for pain killers. ;) I'm due again this summer and hoping not to have to have a c-section, but reality will come crashing into the delivery room, I'm sure. As long as they promise us the magic button and the pills, we'll be fine!

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Milissa-- I told dh he would be behind the curtain and wouldn't see anything but he says just knowing they were cutting me open,he'd get light headed and pass out. If he sees one of our kids,me or himself get a shot..he's out! It's hard to explain...he says he feels like all of his blood is draining from his head and once it gets down so low...he's out.
I've also heard about the 'magic button' I'm a BIG whimp when it comes to pain and I've already told Steve if I g to sleep,just sit beside me and push that button every 15 mins :laugh:

I'm hoping he does ok.I really want him with me during the c section and I know he wants to be awake for when the baby is born.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Tammy, they'll bring your DH in AFTER they cut you, and there is very little blood involved. He can stay up near your head behind the screen if he doesn't want to look. Keep him talking to you, it's a nice distraction from what they are doing. Good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Tammy I will be thinking of you and hoping everything goes fine. I am sure it will all work out and you will soon be holding your bundle of joy!! I am glad to hear from you. Amy

·
27,948 Posts
Tammy, How are you? Did you get the 4th for the big day? I'll be thinking of you.:heartsm:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts