Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably don't remember but last year after I bought my house I totally underestimated how much heating oil was going to cost me and I was freaking out about it.

So what I did was last Spring after receiving my income tax check I put $1,000 in an ING account and $25 a week into that ING account. Monday was the first time that I filled my tank since the summer so it cost me $645.

This year I'm not freaking out because I have the money set aside specifically for this, actually I have enough to cover a years worth of heating oil expense.

SO this is a success story and I want to thank everyone on FV who suggested this to me.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That's awesome! Great feeling isn't it? :clap:

Reactions: frugal is fun

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Great job Judy! It is such a good feeling to be prepared and not have to worry, so glad you have that blessing. You deserve kudos for budgeting, planning and sacrificing to get to this point.

·
19,119 Posts
Great Job Judy!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Feels great I bet! Way to go for sure!

·
27,948 Posts
You are being so grown up!(not that you weren't before;) ) WTG!!!!! So happy for you!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Good for you! Isn't it such a relief to know it's not an issue?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i remember your post about the oil and remember the goal you set. I am so happy for you. Its a great feeling to be prepared!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Congratulations!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts