Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today dh broke his sunglasses. They are apart of him, he wears them everyday. He might have expensive taste in glasses but he gets his monies worth. This particular pair is atleast 3 or 4 yrs old. Always he broken them for good and I told him we should get him a new pair. We had planed to go out for dinner but I told him we would eat at home so we could buy the glasses. He said no, we had other things we should spend the money on. I understood what he is saying but I felt it was justified. He said that would make him selfish. I went inside to think about it and decided that I was the selfish one to be buying myself a new dresses when he needed something ( I just bought a dress for his office party). SO I went back outside and told him that we were getting him glasses and I wouldnt take no for an answer. I then put my new dress in the car so I could return it. He just wont hear of and to make a long story short we arent buying him new glasses anytimes soon.

I love him so much for being so selfless but now we arent speaking becuase we are at an impass.... I'm returning the dress and mending my old one regardless becuase I wouldnt feel good wearing it at this point.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
could he be looking for an excuse to rethink his "signature look"?

or maybe looking to surprise you with glasses for "his and her" with christmas around the corner?

i'd leave it be for now and try not to read too much into it.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I'd call it a truce and let it go for now, and don't take the dress back just yet. You bought it to look pretty for him at a work function, not to "waste friviously".

Give him a hug and snuggle up for the evening, put money on the back burner for the night.

Kj

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I also would just lay back and let it play out. Wear the dress, cause if you don't (mine would be upset even more) maybe that would hurt his feelings.. good luck

·
Banned
236 Posts
Ok... speaking from the male perspective here... it's quite possible your DH may have simply gotten bored with his
Missy said:
"signature look"
Other things to consider...
1.) has/does the car needed/need any repair/maintenance? (guys tend to value their cars)
2.) are there any upcoming medical needs?
3.) is it possible he's saving for something big? (big screen TV? new car?... something romantic (second honeymoon)?)

I could go on in this vein forever... but you get the drift. Sometimes a
Missy said:
"signature look"
just isn't as important as something else that is desired. I say let it go for now... he may surprise you later.

-Jason

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He was pretty upset about the glasses so I know its not becuase he doesnt want to wear them anymore.

NOw that its a fresh day , I let it go. But I am going to return the dress anyways and just mend my old one. I cant wear it now, I would just feel guilty.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Ann,
Wear the dress and buy him some glasses for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I agree with Holly. Keep the dress! Get him the glasses for Christmas (maybe that's what he's thinking anyway).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts