Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i changed my affirmation from "I create prosperity and abundance for me and my household" to

"I create prosperity, abundance, and savings for me and my household."

i was creating prosperity and abundance, but i wasn't saving any money.

prosperity = 1. a successful, flourishing, or thriving condition, especially in financial respects; good fortune.
2. prosperities, prosperous circumstances.

abundance =
1. an extremely plentiful or oversufficient quantity or supply: an abundance of grain.
2. overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.
3. affluence; wealth: the enjoyment of abundance.

the LDS method is working for me, better than the other methods that tried. refrrain from debting, 10% to tithe, 10% to savings/debt repayment, and 10% to retirement.

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
24 Posts
I totally am a believer in the power of affirmations! I realized I've been doing a lot better in my attitude and my actual savings when I would focus more on the positive: "I am bring abundance and prosperity in my life in my daily actions for my long term goals" instead of "If I don't get it together and stick to my budget I'm going to fail in my goals" the latter made me so stressed, and sure enough- I focused on the little failures!

Now I still slip up, but I see even those as progress towards a goal because I'm learning something from them!

I also found that blogging and posting on here has helped a lot too! Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I totally am a believer in the power of affirmations, as well. A positive attitude , abundance and affirmations go hand in hand. Good job and much blessings, prosperity, abundance and savings to you. I would love to borrow yours if OK LadyK. You are doing so well.

Hugs,
Angel

Reactions: ladykemma2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.