Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I hear a Woohoo?! Woohoo! :mdance:

My first order of business (for lunch) is making a turkey sandwich on homemade Egg bread with lots of mayo, fresh cracked pepper and crisp lettuce. :cloud9:
The rest of the turkey will go to more delicious sandwiches, Boiling the carcass up for soup, fried rice...

What are you doing with your leftovers?

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
MMmm......lots of mayo on a l/o turkey sammy - I miss those!

As odd as it sounds (or not) I loved pan fried dressing - with those nice crispy edges! Same with mashed taters - sometimes plain or with l/o's mixed in - diced turkey, cranberry sauce, veggies etc.

Regardless...its all about the gravy!:clown5:

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
It is all about the gravy! I love gravy! Pan fried dressing? That sounds awesome, I've never done that, I think I might have to try that today. But I'm with Darlene, a turkey sandwich with mayo and lettuce on homemade bread is the best. I will be having one of those for lunch myself today!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
We make a pizza - Cranberry turkey pizza

Make a pizza crust ( or buy one) bake crust

use leftover cranberry sauce as the pizza sauce
top with leftover turkey and goat cheese

warm up in a 350 degree oven

·
Registered
8,453 Posts
I'm eating a turkey wing and leftover baked sweet potato as I type. But later in the day there will be a turkey sandwich - on Orowheat oat nut bread (my favorite and, God bless Kroger, I found it on sale there for 1,99, instead of the shocking and unbuyable 4.19). Kraft sandwich spread for me.

I got a ham too, so there are also ham sandwiches in my weekend. Hooray!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Oh heck yeah!!

Leftover turkey sandwiches are all my brother has been talking about. I can't disappoint. We will be having turkey sandwiches & leftover green bean casserole for dinner :) I think I may make some stuffing too (my mom's was a disaster again this year...gonna have to put my foot down at Christmas lol)

·
Registered
719 Posts
I LOVE TURKEY SANDWICHES. I'd rather eat that for Thanksgiving that doing the mashed potato, stuffing, green been casserole, cranberry sauce Routine. I made BF one for lunch today on HM bread (he had to work until 1) and we'll have them when we go down to the beach tomorrow. I'm going to make a pot pie with the rest of the leftovers. BF doesn't know it yet, but his usual chicken pot pie is about to be Turkeyfied! <<< like my word? :D I just hope our beach-going tomorrow doesn't involve yet ANOTHER car problem....

·
8,714 Posts
~I wait until day 3(today!)to have the turkey sandwich. I loooove them but having day 2 to eat up the hot leftovers makes the anticipation build and the sandwich tastes even better! I usually have one cold and then one hot with gravy. :D ~

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
No turkey sandwiches here....doing the low carb thing. Tonight I threw some chopped turkey in a skillet and heated it in a teeny bit of olive oil with garlic, onion, and leftover green beans...added some salt and pepper, cream, parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes....hubby and I both really enjoyed it.

Tomorrow I think I may do something with a salsa base....we have SO much turkey left over!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.