Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to micheals to pics up something for dh's business
and they had the fall decorations out, some 50% off and man were they cute!

i actually had some money so i picked up flowers and a wreathe, to make a wreathe...

then i saw lots of cute scarecrows and i never have money to decorate for seasons, so i picked out 2 a boy n girl that are soft and put them on my mantle
and a beautiful pumpkin that says welcome harvest that was 50% off...i got it for $7
i got a basket 50% off
bought some ribbon
hot glue gun
and glue

i had a vase with flowers already but i reduced the size of it because i needed more..lol

i also made a basket for the table..i spent $55 but i think i did ok..idk seeing the number in print..ouch

here are some pics..the mantle one is lopsided

TITLE IS SUPPOSE TO SAY I DECORATED FOR FALL TODAY..sorry

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Looks great! Love it! :)

Reactions: sahm2boys

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Nice Job, we pulled out a box of our fall decorations today and my 16 month old loved helping decorate :).

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think it looks great, and I especially love your basket. That plaid ribbon is gorgeous, and it really put that "finishing touch" on your vase too.

I'm wanting to re-do my throw pillows, curtains, and table-tops with fall colors. We're actually getting some cooler weather lately, and even more so next week. YAY!! This puts me in that mood for decorating changes in the house, and lots of cooking! I LOVE it!

So thanks for the inspiration and for the pictures. I loved seeing what you did. It really is pretty.

Theresa :)

...and i know you fel like you spent alot, but the "nicer" flowers are expensive, and i'm thinking that because you picked out things you really loved, you'll probably get alot of years out of it all.... HTHs ease your "OUCH" a little....lol! :ponder:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Your decorations look great! Even better you got them all on sale. At least you can use them again and again. I try to add one or two things each year if I find a good deal. Looks like you did.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures! I just love this time of year and all the pretty fall decorations. You did a great job on yours!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The decorations look wonderful!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very pretty. Love it all. I just bought a sign just like yours at our local Pumpkin Festival last week. Haven't got it hung up yet.

I love fall and all its colors. I've got my house decked out for fall. Love doing things on a budget. Makes me think harder.

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Cute, cute, cute!

I don't necessarily decorate for the seasons, but I did put up my Halloween window stickers for the kids today.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks i am really enjoying it..i went back and added some berries that were up stairs like a dark burgony red and plain red..looks really nice in the basket...and i detailed the dining room..looks so much better after a good washin'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts