Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned over all 3 raised beds by hand today! I wanted to see if I could do it without a gas powered roto-tiller just in case I ever have to do with out it. It was hard sweaty work, but it's done! I did it with a garden fork ( thats what I call it). It has a stout handle and has 4 tines on the end. Now all I have to do is rake them smooth and I can plant.
It's good to know I can do this. I guess all that hard work at the gym for 1& 1/2yrs has paid off! I'm beat tho. And I still have to put clean sheets on the bed, and get the kitchen cleaned up and then I can fall into bed. but I did it. I'm so proud of myself!:rollsmile

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Wow! That's great! I always dread doing that job every year. :)

Reactions: thefrug

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Congratulations!! It is very rewarding when you find out you can do it all on your own. I love that feeling.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
yay! it's almost gardening time...You did good. I"ll be inspired when I'm at the gym.

·
Registered
980 Posts
That is impressive!! As someone who has done it, I know it is hard work.

·
Registered
660 Posts
:clap: Good job, and a lil hard work never killed anybody. ;)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
WTG! Well done...oh the aching armpits! sleep well!

·
Banned
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks guys. I'm so stiff this morning! LOl Hope I loosen up enough to go to the gym today LOL

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Great job. I am impressed I have no upper body strength- It would have taken me all week.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Way to go!

·
Registered
545 Posts
awesome! i hope you are less sore soon :p

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Good job! That is a lot of hard work. We did that in the younger days but I square foot garden now so I don't have to turn the dirt over! LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts