Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I needed new dress pants for work. Okay probably not needed, but wanted new dress pants for work. With my portion of the tax return money I was planning on buying some clothes and saving the rest. However, I usually only get my dress pants from the Limited, which can cost upwards of 60 dollars per pairs of pants....I was looking on Ebay and I found a ton of their pants dirt cheap! Well cheap compared to the in store price. So I got three pairs of their pants for 40$ total. 3 pairs for not even the price of one! I am ecstatic.

So has anyone else done anything frugal?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Good deal on your pants for work. Our frugal thing here today was eating our leftovers for lunch and dinner! They are all gone now, now I have to decide what meal to make tomorrow for dinner. :)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I havent dont anything frugal today but I do frugal things all the time.

I am glad you got such a great bargain, I love eBay too!

G

·
Not much today, but I did the same thing three weeks ago. I found a pair of jeans that fit my post-baby figure at the Gap - they're $50 a pair - and I bought two pairs on eBay for $20 including shipping.

I also buy my bras on eBay - I love the Victoria's Secret Body by Victoria, but they run $35-$40 each in the store, and I can pick them up for $10-$12 each on eBay.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did!! I just got 4 Fisher price toys on an online deal for $32 which includes tax and shipping. They have a buy one get three free and then I did a google checkout which took another $10 off. I have birthday and two for Christmas for the baby.

ETA: this deal is through toysrus.com in case anyone else wants to get in on the deal.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Just the other day I was on the hunt for a top to go under my suit (which I have not yet worn) for a conference this Friday. I found a cute silk blouse-y top at Express. It was $49.50. So I put it on hold and hunted around the mall. I found a top that works at B.Moss which was originally $28, marked down to $18. So no, I didn't go used, but I didn't drop my money on a $50 top at Express because it's the first thing that worked, and instead saved $32.

And also, the suit is from Target, for about $60.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Oh, and I just bought a 3-pack of color printer ink for $12.49 on eBay with free shipping! Normally each color cartridge is $14 and I'd need three (cyan, magenta, yellow) for $42 total. So I saved roughly $30 there.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
You got a really good bargain with the pants. The most frugal thing I did today was stay home!

·
Registered
570 Posts
This isn't the most frugal thing but we are just beginning to redo a bathroom and four months ago I saw the shower curtain that I had in my head for the project at Kohl's. It's was $30 and I would not let myself pay that much. Since then I have looked and looked for something similar, online and everyplace and never found anything near what I wanted.
So, we start the construction next week and I decided to check Kohl's again and the original shower curtain that I wanted was marked down to $20, still more than I wanted to pay but better than $30.

Good job with the pants!:clap:

Megan

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Well my dd is sick today so I don't have to drive anywhere or leave house today. (I wish she wasn't sick tho!)

We are eating last nights left overs for lunch today.

I have items going off ebay today that have made a pretty nice little bit.
I have hope they will go up since I have over 10 watchers apiece on 2 items.

I went through my cleaning supplies and condensed/rebottled(I DO RELABEL) cleaned them out.

It is only 9:22 so I may do more!

Good thread.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts