Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, I am due with my first baby in just 3 weeks. I am starting to get the feeling like I'm not prepared enough. I have my items ready for the hospital--but feel like I am forgetting something. I have two people designated as my "callers" to call friends and family for me, I have the babies room all ready to go, I have the infant car seat installed, etc.

I just feel like I am forgetting something. Am I nuts? LOL

Do any of you have any advice of what to prepare for/do in the last few weeks?

p.s. I had wanted to do OAMC a few months ago to have meals in the fridge--but DH went on a diet and he won't eat most of the meals I normally make for OAMC so I didn't do it.

·
27,948 Posts
Sounds like you are getting your nest ready & doing a great job of it at that. I think most Moms to be get their nest ready just as you are. I can't think of what else you should "have done or do". The only advise I have for you is after the baby is born ~ sleep when the baby sleeps as you will not sleep much for a few weeks after the baby is born. Such an exciting, emotional time for you and enjoy every moment.:hugz:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I know what you are forgetting... rest, rest, rest!! take time to pamper yourself before the baby comes! Don't forget to pack a disposeable camera in your hospital bag!!:)

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
You do need to rest now if you can! This is an exciting time for you. Definitely rest when the baby sleeps! Best of luck to you!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
You sound very prepared! I wish I'd have been that ready when DD was born in April.

No advice, really... just a story to make you laugh: I sent DH home to get me some clothes (unexpected early delivery) and he came back with HIS clothes (big shirts) for me to wear because he couldn't figure out which of my clothes to bring. :laugh: So, I'd make sure you've got everything you need in that hospital bag-- shower shoes? feminine pads? backup phone list? music? hair clips? & whatever else you'll need to be comfortable.

Best wishes! :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AngeleeBob
1,471 Posts
Take socks to labor in your feet will probably be freezing. I know its weird but it happens. Some hospitals do not have mirrors so bring one if you want to see baby come into the world.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
These gals offer great advice. I think you're about prepared Betsy. Don't forget something to dress and wrap the baby in....AND do make sure you make dh feel very special during this time. They tend to feel left out cuz of all the fuss over you and baby. Be sure to brag it up about him (how well he does with her/him, how he/she really pays attention to his voice....etc....)where he can hear it ;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Wow, time flies! I'm so excited for you! Did you pack books or magazines or something to crochet?

Warning: Dh will be jealous of the time you spend with the baby for a very long time. Get him involved with the little one asap!

A new baby! I can hardly wait!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think we all feel that way like we are forgetting something, sounds like you have just about everything you will need..

Good luck!!
Eileen

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Betsy, I'd say you are ready....now just relax and get plenty of rest....you will be suprised how little rest you will get until you get your schedule with your daughter worked out...take everyones advice and rest when she rests.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
take these last few weeks to go on lots of dates alone with your husband! :) and soak in how nice it is to be able to run off at any given notice ...after the baby comes you'll take maybe 40 extra minutes just to get out the door ;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the great advice! You all made me feel much better! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts