Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a hug now.:( I have been so busy today..

This morning, My handicapped aunt's educator came so I could fill in papers for her transfer in a foster home. That made me sad.

I picked up my son, Daniel for lunch, and again today, he misbehaved in two classes-gym and english--he was swearing.:( and didn't want to work.

On my way back to take him to school, Patrick's kindergarden teacher needed help, so I stayed to help her with their painting project(I had to roll tons of Bounty tissue in small balls in a mixture of glue mixed with paint)

I finally leave the school to go buy food and a film and a card for my son, Mathieu's birthday(today-12) and I finally finish and phone my dh at 4h00 pm...he was all hyper and worried..*Where were you? Francois(14) is waiting at school for his teacher's visit and report card!* :( I forgot!!! completly! It was at 3h30...

So I rush home, while dh rushes to his school, which is 20 minutes away by car...No one's home, I get to bring all the groceries in, alone and tired and depressed.

I feel so overwhelmed. I feel I lose bits and peices of my life everyday. I try so hard to be a good mother and to be organized, but my brain and heart can take so much. Daniel has been in trouble so much lately...It gets me in my heart.

I know, forgetting a report card is not dramatic, but I really wanted to go. I had questions for his teacher. My dh doesn't ask questions.

Well, that's all I had to say. Thank-you for listening.

Lucie:(

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:hugz: Lucie,
Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know that having your aunt being transfered to a foster home has been weighing heavily on you, but it sounds like it is the best thing for everyone, your aunt included. You have a full plate with your own family hon and are running on empty. Please be good to your self and take some time just for you. While the kids are at school tomorrow, run a nice hot bubble bath and go soak for awhile with candles lighting the bathroom and maybe some soft music playing. Take a nap if you are able to. Do you have "respit care" for your aunt??? Where someone comes and takes care of her for awhile so you can have some time off? I used to be a respit care volunteer and I can't tell you the joy that I got from spending time teaching my friend (client) to swim while her parents got a much needed break.:)
I'm here if you need to talk. I do understand about being overwhelmed with too many responsibilities and becoming depressed. I've been there many times myself....
Love and more hugs!!!!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Awe Lucie, I'm so sorry you are sad :( , take a little time for yourself and just try to find something happy or relaxing to do.....
{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUG }}}}}}}

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Lucie, your a good mom. We all forget some times and its okay. Go easy on yourself sweetie. I know its difficult with your aunt, but I believe it will be the best for you, your family and for her also. God knows your heart.

Were here for you. If you need to vent, pm me okay. I have 3 special needs kids and I know how difficult it can be.

Were here for you, and each one of us is giving you many, many {{{{{hugs}}}}}.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Sending you a great big ((((((hug))))))!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
:hugz: Lucie. I am pming you. Please wish Mathieu a very happy birthday from all of us here at the Village.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
oh lucie :eek: I'm so sorry you are feeling sad

You had a really overwhelming day :(
I used to get involved in too much, and one time I COMPLETELY forgot about my housecleaning job, and was thinking my boss was a loon for calling me to ask why I wasn't there :eek: I got told off big time too....

And it stinks big time having to put away all those groceries :(
It's bad enough you shopped alone you had to put it away alone too.

I think you need to do the same thing others were telling me, just rest and take some time for yourself ;) (but i know, easier said than done huh?)

·
27,948 Posts
Wish I could wisk you away from it all Lucie. I don't know what to say except I wish things were better there for you. I'm hoping you get some respite from your Aunt ( you have been everything for her for so long) because you need to take care of you. You can't do it all or be everybodys everything. It's OK not to sometimes and you shouldn't feel guilty. You are doing soooo much. Please give yourself that break if you can. :hugz:
Guess I did have a few things to say after all,lol.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:grouphug: :grouphug: You are all so wonderful!:grouphug: :grouphug:

I wanted to thank-you sincerely for listening and for your compassion. I know I've been down, more than once and everytime I feel supported with your kind words. That's what I find so special here, at Frugal Village...we never feel alone. Sometimes I wish I had such good friends close to me...

My aunt is going away tomorrow until monday, at my parents' home. That will really give me a break! She hasn't seen them in almost two months!

Thank-you for your friendships....and BTW, I feel better this evening.:)

((((hugs)))) to all of you! :heartsm:

Lucie

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Glad you're feeling better. But, I'm sending you more (((hugs))), and prayers. :angel:

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Lucie I'm sorry you had such a sad day, but sometimes that just happens. Just remember that tomorrow will be better!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You're right, Angie...:) Thank-you:heartsm:

Lucie

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Lucie, Im sorry that you had such an aweful day!I was so glad to see your post that says that you are feeling better. When I am very stressed out I love a hot bath without lights only candles! It is so relaxing! I hope you try it adding a bit of epsom salt helps to relieve the tension. Hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Robin!:hugz: I'll try that this week-end....:bath:

Going off to sleep, now!.......Talk to you soon!

Lucie:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts