Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
8,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel very very lucky to have found this but others I;m sure won't understand my excitement.

Back story:
Since I have lost weight I Needed a swimsuit. I have always been hard to fit into a suit as "I was endowed my my Creator" with large cup size. I have always wanted a larger cup size swimsuit like they have at Land's End. So my mom buys me one for my birthday.
It fits great except my "cup runith over" I spill over the top of the suit. So I decide to try and expend the coverage.

I need swimsuit material for the extra coverage.

I head to the Goodwill and find a tankini swim top that has the various blues in the print so it matches the hard to match blue of the original suit. Since it was a top only I only have to pay a $1.

My sewing machine is out but I was able to use this material and hand sewing to extend the coverage of the suit. Now I have the suit I have always wanted. It looks awesome.
Thanks to my Mom and the Goodwill suit.

· Registered
13,262 Posts
Excellent!

Reactions: imagine

21,852 Posts
Congratulations!! I know that you will have a great summer because of your suit!!

3,593 Posts
I think you did good. Small victories do add up at the end of the day :)

· Registered
2,223 Posts
That is awesome!

· Registered
516 Posts
Woo Hoo!!!

· Registered
1,072 Posts
That is so awesome! I can totally relate but I have the opposite problem. Since having kids and specifically since breastfeeding I have almost nothing! I don't want to look too flat, and padded cups are usually too big for me. I have a really hard time finding a bathing suit that I will wear in public. Last year I gave up and wore a bikini. My belly isn't as bad as some I've seen, but not as nice as it was before kids. I am desparately trying to find a one-piece that fits me, covers most of my butt, and flatters my chest. I also have a long trunk so bathing suits sometimes feel tight on my shoulders. I hate bathing suits. I am happy you have a great suit for yourself now!! :)

· Registered
512 Posts
never had that problem-in my case a large hanky's would do the job -im what you might call a carpenters fantasy when i was very young --flat as a board and easy to nail -lol-at least i can laugh at my self --but i love the goodwill but not the salvation army they think all their goods should be sola as new-but the goodwill and thrift shops i loveand now that the weather is better im a yard sale lizard can pick up deals there too-------------remember its better to have and not need than need and not have

· Registered
31,548 Posts
Clever thinking! Enjoy your new suit! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.