Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recovered the kitchen chairs. I have had the material for, I really don't know how long,(years) so I thought I would attempt it to get myself away from all the stress going on.

I remember my mom recovering her living room furniture, so I tried the same thing. I tore the chairs apart, they are metal that roll around and also rock. The backs are also fabric. Anyway I tore them apart, then took a seam ripper and took out the seams. There was my pattern. All I did was use the peices to cut out the new ones, sewed them together and stapled them back on, the way I took them off.

They look amazing, I cant beleive I didnt do it sooner. It didnt take that much material either, I have alot left over to I'm making covers that I can take off and wash when they get dirty. After I got started I could have done all four in a day, it really didnt take that long.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Yes, I would love to see pics as well. Good job Piney!!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel wonderful to cross that kind of project off your to do list???

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! :)

·
Registered
623 Posts
Aren't we amazing when we stretch ourselves ? Good for you !!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go Piney!!

Would love to see pictures too! :D

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Wow, great job. My MIL did something similar to this for one of our couches.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
that's absolutley amazing to me.....

I could NEVER do that! Really, I would have no idea where to start. Never bought fabric before, even. So when I hear off someone doing this, I am just in total awe!!!

WTG

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, it does feel good to get something done, that I've put off forever. Will try to get pictures,

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
That is wonderful! You got yourself "custom" chair covers. I remember my mom recovering the living room furniture, and she did all the sewing by hand, sewing the fabric directly on to the sofa and chairs. Pretty amazing stuff if you ask me! So congrats to you, and count me in on seeing the pictures!

Theresa :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
That is awesome! I would love to see pics too. I am so scared of sewing....but I would love to learn how. There is an ottoman I need to reupholster one of these days.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts