Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, I'm a horrible, just a horrible wife. :)

Dh and I talked about it two weeks prior and even at the beginning of the week. (last week) It was yesterday. Saturday night after midnight he kissed me, and said, "Happy Anniversary." Oh crap, I totally forgot! :yikes: And he knew it as I tried to play it off like I didn't forget. :laugh: I mean I really did forget! The day could have gone on as usual, if he didn't remind me. I thought only guys did this!

We made plans to go out another day, but still. Shame, shame on me!

It's seven years. Is this the seven year ich they talk about? :D

Please tell me you've done it too? At some point? Maybe? Please?

Good thing DH forgave me. :)

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Oh I did the same thing with DH's birthday last year. I knew it was coming up, and the new semester started (I'm in college) and I completely forgot! I felt so bad. DH was okay with it and we ended up going out to dinner that weekend.

Don't be too hard on yourself. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Sure I've done it, DH has done it, DD never even acknowledges our anniversary. No it's not the seven year itch - you are not a bad person. Cannot wait until you can laugh about it all!!

·
Registered
871 Posts
Ohhhh Palooka...Don't be so hard on yourself....life just carries us away and one day just blurs into another... don't stress...there are lots of anniversaries in the really good relationships... some you'll remember..some you won't.... remembering them isn't a big deal...staying married for the year is...LOL

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Yep, I've done it. DH forgave me too, but he's never let me forget.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Palooka,

You are not a bad person, nor are you the only one.

I have pretty much done it every year for the past 19 years. Our 19th anniversary was the 19th and after we had been awake for a couple of hours DH looked over at me (we were in the car taking DD to a scholarship test for a college) and said "Oh, happy anniversary". My response was basically, "back at ya!".

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You aren't a bad wife palooka. As far as I concerned, the days seem to rush by so quickly I never know what day it is!

I did the same thing last year. He has never let me forget of either!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have done WORSE! I forgot my husband's BIRTHDAY! He never said a WORD until WEEKS later (hard to deny it that far past!).

Sorry to hear about the forgetting part, but you NEVER should have admitted it! Should of said, "Yeah, I know; just didn't want to EMBARRASS you and make a big deal out of it. We'll go out to a special celebration NEXT weekend. So, where's MY present though?" :heartsm:

·
Registered
13,930 Posts
Fortunately,our anniversary is the same day as our 2 high school best friends b-day's and my current best friends DS's b-day. Too much going on around here to forget.
Diff. people put diff. emphasis on things. Your not bad just distract....ooh, a butterfly. What were we talking about?lol

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
it happens. been there, done that

·
Registered
955 Posts
The day after hubby and I were married (20 years ago!), I was writing the date of our wedding in the lovely photo album I received as a gift... Only I wrote down the current date, instead of the wedding date. Hubby was looking over my shoulder. "What day did we get married???" I looked down, realized I had written the wrong date (though in lovely script penmanship) and started laughing.

He started laughing too and said "Now you can never get mad at me if I forget our anniversary, cause you forgot the day within one day!!!" ;)

Don't sweat it. Heck, 19 is an off anniversary anyway.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Don't worry about forgetting, it happens and life gets in the way.
For the first 3 years we were married, I kept trying to celebrate our anniversary a month early. I'd give DH a card and he'd just laugh. Now, I write it in my calendar so I won't celebrate the wrong month. ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You aren't a bad wife Palooka, and I am sure he loves you to pieces. Celebrate it another day and enjoy. Hugs and Blessings to you.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We have forgotten more than once. One year, our anniversary was on like a Monday or Tuesday, finally, on Thursday, he looks at me and says "oh yeah, happy anniversary". I was like, "when was it?"

It happens. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. But, it is fun later on down the road. He still brings it up every few years - "remember that year that I remembered before you did" - and I come back with "yeah, but you were still late". Then, we both giggle about it.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
done it before, and I'm sure I'll do it again. I just wish HE'D forget some occasion once in a while!! I am not an "occasion" person. (we didn;t say "Happy Valentines Day" to each other, and I am soooooo ok with that!)

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
No worries! Dh and I do the same things- even with each other's birthdays. My mom is Korean so I grew up not really making a big deal out of adult birthdays and anniversaries and DH is a typical guy- so we don't do much in those celebrations :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.