Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I posted about how my lease was terminated ( along with the rest of the building ) I looked at a few places but wasn't crazy about them.

A friend of mine owns some apartments downtown and had been wanting me to come look at a studio he had opening up. I wasn't sure with it being a studio and all but I called and finally went and looked at it. I really liked it and for a studio its kind of spacious and I like the way its set up. It has a washer and dryer, hardwood floors, full bathroom and kitchen. It's only $695 a month and I already know 2 of my neighbors !

I've already signed the lease and gave him my deposit. He's happy because he really wanted to rent it to me. It turned out to be a win win situation. I move in May 1st and he said I can have the keys a couple of days early if I want.

3 more weeks :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
19,673 Posts
That's excellent! I'm sure it's a big relief for you to have this issue settled. I'm sure your friend/landlord is happy to rent to you and have a reliable person in that place.

Maybe another larger place will turn up later in the same complex if the smaller space does not work out for you.

If you Google for topics like 'small apartment living' or 'tiny house storage' or similar subjects, you will turn up a lot of ideas for maximizing small living spaces.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Yay!!!! I'm so happy for you! Also knowing 2 of the neighbors in advance doesn't hurt either.

Reactions: PlainCash4

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's excellent! I'm sure it's a big relief for you to have this issue settled. I'm sure your friend/landlord is happy to rent to you and have a reliable person in that place.

Maybe another larger place will turn up later in the same complex if the smaller space does not work out for you.

If you Google for topics like 'small apartment living' or 'tiny house storage' or similar subjects, you will turn up a lot of ideas for maximizing small living spaces.
There is only 5 apartments . The 2 upstairs are a little larger I think. Its behind and above a restaurant that used to be house. Its in a really cool part of downtown.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Congratulations!! :congrats:

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
FANTASTIC!!!:applouse::applouse:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts