Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a call last week on my answering machine about a television survey, I was home but did not pick up the phone, I figured it was a scam so I just ignored the call. Monday I received a postcard from Neilson, the television rating people, saying that I would be receiving my television viewing diary in a few days. Well today I got an envelope in the mail from them with the viewing diary in it. There was also a piece of paper with a thank you from them for participating and in the paper were 5 crisp brand new $1 bills. It said "please accept the enclosed money as a token of our appreciation for your participation". I am so happy. I just love free money.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Woohooo, go and do something great with that 5 bucks Kathy. That is even better than couponing, I would love to open mail and get free money too. Good for you!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have had this before for radio ratings! and aafter we turned in our diaries, we each got two more dollars in thanks for our participation mailed to us.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woo Hoo more free money, that is good news Melissa!

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you Kathy! Now you have the power to let the world of TV moguls know what you like in tv programing. Can you feel the power? Maybe Ted Turner would like to slip you a few bucks for picking a few of his shows. Think of the possibilities...:D

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
WTG!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That sounds like fun Kathy !!!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Hi Kathy,
We got 5 new $ bills also! We're are doing the Arbitron Radio Rating starting tomorrow and going for a week. I love getting paid to do something that I would be doing anyway! Woohoo! We Villagers are on a roll!:D

·
Spendthrift Guru aka KarlaBob
1,479 Posts
Wow...WTG...Last time I did the Nelson thing I only got $1 is that telling my age or what? LOL

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
How cool! Are you guys just picked at random, or did you sign up somewhere to be considered for it?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Man, I wish I could get mail like that!! Don't spend it all in one place:D

Laura

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
:dancing: That is great to get money in the mail, Kathy! That didn't require much effort! lol ;)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Heather, It was a random thing. I am the only one that I know of in my town that got one. I am in small town so everyone knows everyones business and no one at church or the market had heard of anyone else doing it so I think it is just me.

Debbie, we will be Village moguls now with all of our money, LOL. Mine starts tomorrow at 5pm and last for 1 week too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts