Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom had a waffle maker she never used so she gave it to me! It's not a Belgian waffler, just a regular one.

Now my dilemma. I thought my Miserly Moms book had a recipe for waffles that I can OAMC and freeze, but it doesn't.

Anybody have any tried and true OAMC waffle recipes? Thanks ladies!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Congrats! What is OAMC? Also, if I can find it, do you want a recipe for sour cream waffles (they don't come out sour and are wonderful even served like cookies a couple of days old)?

·
Registered
164 Posts
OAMC is once a month cooking that you freeze to save time and money. I think any waffle recipe should freeze well. I never really make the same kind all the time but they all toast or microwave very well. Maybe someone else out there has a good recipe but mines rather regular.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm getting a waffle maker from a freecycler (if her and my schedule ever coincides). I pulled this recipe off the internet... I have not tried it though. Let me know if you do and you like them.

THE BEST WAFFLES

1 3/4 c flour
2 T sugar
1 T baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 c milk
1/2 c oil or melted butter
1 t vanilla

Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. In a separate bowl, beat wet ingredients and then add to dry, stirring just until moistened. Cook on pre-heated waffle iron until waffles are browned and test done.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
* Exported from MasterCook *

James River Waffles

Recipe By : American Cooking
Serving Size : Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Foods

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 eggs -- separated
2 cups buttermilk
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 tablespoons butter -- melted

Beat egg yolks; add 1 cup buttermilk. Sift dry ingredients; add to egg yolk mixture. Add remaining buttermilk and butter. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Bake in hot waffle iron untill golden brown.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

·
Registered
618 Posts
My recipe is the same as foxyroxies except instead of vanilla, I use cinnamon. I have used this pancake/waffle recipe for years (if you decide you want pancakes decrease milk to 1 1/2 cups) and everyone loves it - you can easily substitute other flours or milk substitutes as well and it turns out fine as long as you adjust the milk accordingly! Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I just use the regular pancake mix, that you just add water. Then, I freeze them.

·
Registered
737 Posts
That's great. I love my wafflemaker. I don't use it nearly as often as I should. I haven't found a recipe I just love yet. I think I might try out some of these listed here and see how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
while googling to help you find a recipe..(I love to google myself ;-)
I found this interesting page - waffle tips about halfway down.

forgot I can't post links yet. homesteadgarden dot com/

forums/showthread.php?t=756&page=3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts