Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is in the right place, mods please move if it's not.

Today at Market Basket they had their Ball Jar display and I grabbed two pallets of 12 wide mouth quart jars for $8.99 each. I have ten pounds of flour and bread flour taking up space in my fridge. I'm so excited!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
I haven't dry canned yet, but I want to soon. Be sure and let us know how it went.

Reactions: Ramona

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've never heard of dry canning. Sounds interesting. How do you go about doing it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Thank you so much for the link! Sounds simple enough~I am excited about a new way to store dry goods. I am going to have to give this a try!

Ramona please let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
I will be curious too.........would like to try it with some nuts and maybe even some flour.

wonder if it would work for choc. chips??? Someone gave me TEN POUNDS.............that is a LOT of cookies!!

·
19,119 Posts
Ten pounds is a lot even if you eat just one a day too!!

·
4,028 Posts
wonder if it would work for choc. chips??? Someone gave me TEN POUNDS.............that is a LOT of cookies!!
The heat would melt the chips and you would have blocks of chocolate in the jars. That doesn't mean they wouldn't keep but you would need to remelt the chocolate, spread it thin, let it cool then chip it yourself which gives a wonderful "hand made" quality to chocolate chip cookies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts