Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got on the scale yesterday for a reality check. I know I have gained weight and need to lose it. But really??? OMG
133 lbs at 5'0- Ouch- I wear scrubs at work so you can't really tell.
The only good thing is that my boobs are bigger than they used to be :)
About a year ago I weighed 10 lbs less and 10 years ago I weighed 20 lbs less. :pig:
I know my job is more sedentary and stressful than my floor nursing jobs- now I have a desk job, work longer hours and hold onto unhealthy stress.
So I started WW online_ I need to hold myself accountable by tracking everything. Interesting to see what point values that different items contain. I decided to eliminate my coffee creamer, eliminate alcohol, and track everything that goes in my mouth.
I am 9 lbs short of my full term pregnancy weight 19 years ago- GEEZ!!!!!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I got on the scale yesterday for a reality check. I know I have gained weight and need to lose it. But really??? OMG
133 lbs at 5'0- Ouch- I wear scrubs at work so you can't really tell.
The only good thing is that my boobs are bigger than they used to be :)
About a year ago I weighed 10 lbs less and 10 years ago I weighed 20 lbs less. :pig:
I know my job is more sedentary and stressful than my floor nursing jobs- now I have a desk job, work longer hours and hold onto unhealthy stress.
So I started WW online_ I need to hold myself accountable by tracking everything. Interesting to see what point values that different items contain. I decided to eliminate my coffee creamer, eliminate alcohol, and track everything that goes in my mouth.
I am 9 lbs short of my full term pregnancy weight 19 years ago- GEEZ!!!!!
When did you start WW online? I was actually looking at it an hour or so ago! LOL There new program started yesterday and I am kinda curious about it.

Good luck to you on your journey!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
arnie - I find that with portion control, picking better options while eating out and eating more often and in smaller meals (ie 5-6 mini meals/day vs 3 larger meals) I seem to do better.

Also...there's a thread over on the other side of the village called:
http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/health-challenges/126940-2010-lose-pound-week-challenge.html

Please come join us there for moral support. Some people journal their food and exercise, some chat about food, nutrition and weightloss and sometimes we share recipes. :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
funny that you ask ktsmama when I started it.
I actually joined several months ago and then felt like it was too much work LOL
But now I realize that I don't have a choice if I want to lose weight. I first logged back in on Sunday and noticed that it changed yesterday.
I know if I use it correctly it will probably work. The online version also gives you access to recipes, forums, etc...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
i am thinking about joining WW online after seeing there is a new version of it! keep us posted on your progress...

i gained 4 lbs while in disney for the holiday!!! ugh....gotta get it off and a few more also....i would be happy to take off 10 total lbs...

·
19,119 Posts
Glad you are taking care of yourself Arnie - WW is a great program - looking forward to reading your posts on the way!!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I could have written this post myself! Same height, same weight. It's really been bugging me for some time. I didn't weigh this much when I had my last child. When I quit work 5 yrs ago (as an RN) I weighed 96 pounds. UGH. That's not my goal/target weight. I just don't want to be "fluffy" anymore. Maybe I should check out WW too!

·
19,119 Posts
WW makes sense and has proven great for a lot of people - good luck and let us know how you are doing!!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Get rid of as much processed food and hydrogenated oils and fake sugars from your diet. It takes a while to get used to but you will probably find yourself eating less.

Hang in there it takes time but slow and steady will get you there. I have been where you are. For me it tends to be right around the waist the most. Just where you do not want it.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Good luck! I need to look into WW after the holidays as well. :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks 133 pds at 5'0 is not really that much over weight? :scratch:

Anyway, agree Weight Watchers is a great program.
It's not that much outside of a healthy BMI range which is definitely a good thing, but I think it all depends on where and how you carry it.

I can't speak for all of us on the smaller side, but I really notice even a pound gain/loss because of my height and because it all lands on my lower tummy and thighs - pretty uncomfortable :toothy:

ETA: Sorry for the double post, I couldn't figure out how to include a quote in an edited post :blush:

G

·
Honestly, I think it's a lot of what you're used to. I'm 5'1" and currently am at 125, and I'd like to lose about 15 pounds, too. Yes, I know my BMI is healthy and I'm not overweight, but until I got pregnant I weighed about 105-110. I think it's hard to know how good you used to look. I'm not sure yet when I'll find the time to fully commit to a new healthy lifestyle - part of knowing that I'm not *really* overweight means that I don't really have a huge incentive to do anything about it. I've tried things in the past but I know that right now, it's just not a priority for me, so I'm not making progress.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Seems like when i hit age 40 . My weight went up. Slowly coming off. Best wishes to you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went on the exercise bike for a full ten minutes today. (not saying that proudly, lol) It was sad ... all I could do.
Plan is to do it again tomorrow -- maybe 11 or 12 minutes. (sigh)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
It's not that much outside of a healthy BMI range which is definitely a good thing, but I think it all depends on where and how you carry it.

The BMI has been 'debunked' because it doesn't know how to weigh muscle properly. I would never go by a BMI range for anyone.

I can't speak for all of us on the smaller side, but I really notice even a pound gain/loss because of my height and because it all lands on my lower tummy and thighs - pretty uncomfortable :toothy:
edit.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.