Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dh received a 200 dollar raise a month.(not huge but still) He told me it was coming and last night I looked online at the bank direct deposit and was happy.

I wrote him a sweet note and told him how much I appreciate how hard he works for his family and how awesome he is doing on his job and I tucked it under his cell phone and keys so that he would have a little surprise in the morning.

I figured he would call or text me later and say thank you but instead he turned the note over and told me how much he appreciated me and what I do for our family too. :)

He made every bonus in 2009 and so far in 2010. And this is retail people!!

I took the extra and put it toward debt. Ugh. But glad. :)

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well congrats to both of you! Firstly for your husband for doing so well to get a nice raise, and secondly to you for having the willpower to put it towards bills!

And $200 a month is no mere bag of shells either! And considering that you're going to be saving mucho bucks in interest with it, I'd look at it from a totally different perspective. At the very least it's as good as double looking at it that way, ya think? :scratch:

I'm happy for you Palooka. It's nice to hear good news from the job market these days! No doubt your proud of him, and rightfully so. And it sounds like he feels the same way about you. Yup! He's a "keeper"! :mushy:

Theresa :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Way to go! And yes, take your avg interest rate on debt, and then add that to the $200 compounded for the time you're likely to be paying off. Those $200 will start looking like a lot more. :)

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Palooka, that was really sweet of you to write the note to your DH. I think it's really easy to get caught up into the 'moneymoneymoney' aspect of working, that it's hard to remember to acknowledge the work put into it. Sounds like you made your hubby's day.

Congrats on your hubby's raise. $200 a month is a big deal!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
congrats! And a pat on the back. It's hard to save money, it's hard to pay down debt, and it's awful hard sometimes to be nice to each other while you're trying!

You've got 3 out of 3 for a perfect score on that one!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I guess you should be bragging! That's awesome, and not just that he got the raise but that you used it as a way to demonstrate your love and appreciation of what he does for his family, and then got the same back!:dancing:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Thank you for sharing this. Communication is important. Being explicitly thankful with our spouses is critical and probably not done enough by anyone.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Congrats to both of you! The note you wrote telling him how much you appreciate him was really nice, I'm sure it means a whole lot to him :hugz:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree with everyone, it is awesome that you took the time to write a note to your husband. It's easy to get caught up in things and forget to voice our appreciation.

And whoo for an extra $200 a month! :)

·
Super Moderator
4,575 Posts
congrats Palooka. Mo money!

I like those types of simple notes. Nothing huge, just a little something to show your appreciation.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Congrats! That was so sweet of you to write him and note and it was so cute of him to write you one back! Love this story, thanks for sharing. :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Way to go! And yes, take your avg interest rate on debt, and then add that to the $200 compounded for the time you're likely to be paying off. Those $200 will start looking like a lot more. :)
Very good point. :)

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Congrats.......a great story and good for you.

We often don't tell people how much they are appreciated......way to go. Very thoughtful.

·
Registered
336 Posts
You should brag. More money is a help to everyone. You and your husband are very sweet to each other. I feel the love:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
$200 a month is a great raise! Mine (after taxes) is about $80 a month so I upped my EF savings by the $20 a week. I like getting a raise and using it for something good. When the debt is paid off and EF is where we need it I will then have a lil extra wiggle room in the vacation $$ with it.

And I love that you wrote DH a note. That is a really nice way to start off a day--I need to take lessons from you. I should really say Thank You more to DH. He works his BUTT off (working 50 hrs a week, he cooks and cleans on my night shifts, just remodeled the basement...etc) and I need to appreciate it more. So thanks for this post ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts